Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, another roof rack thread - but this time it is because there is another one on the market (but its was out before apparently)! I didn't see any posts on this (under BVG either) so I thought I would share the intel.

A few specs I found:
-All Road cargo basket mounts to any base rack crossbar system (factory crossbars, Yakima bars and Thule bars)
- Sits inches lower then the Yakima Warrior series and the Thule Moab.
- Lighter than the competition
- New design allows you to add most of Yakima and Thule's ski, bike and watersport accessories right to the front and rear crossbars
- Tubular side rails prevent the load from shifting while providing great mounting points for attachments and stretch net hooks
- Standard dimensions are 41" wide x 51" long x 5" high
- Add additional length and square feet by adding the All Road extension
- Includes built-in fairing
It runs between $225 and $250 depending on what site you go to, and $90 for the extension.

Compared to the Megawarrior (48 inches wide by 52 inches long by 6.5 without the extension), you get a very similar rack for about 1/2 the cost. The flip side is that it is only 41" wide so it is somewhat more comparable to the 39" by 44" Loadwarrior and the Thule MOAB. Apparently when it first hit the market they had a bad batch of powder coating but guarantee this one. I don't know if you can add the hilift jack and shovel mounts from other brands (the specs just said the ski, bike and water).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the proportions of this rack. Do you know where this rack can be purchased. I can't seem to find it on-line. The BVG web page is not functioning either.

·
Registered
49 Posts
very low profile. lik it.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I like the design ... but it's just too small.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
It is a nice looking rack, but I will stick with the larger Mega Warrior.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts