Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of my XK looking like all the other XK's on the road! I daily drive this Jeep and I tow my XJ trail-rig with it. I want a lift that will still be able to handle my 19' car trailer loaded with a 4,000lbs trail pig. I will stay with my stock tires/wheels but might get some spacers to push the wheels out some.

I have looked at the Rough Country and the Rocky Road, both 150-190. The OME is out of my price range though. I could go maybe 300 at most.

What/which lift do you all recommend?

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Either one would be OK. I have the Rough Country. I think there are more members here with the Rough Country than the Rocky Road.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either one would be OK. I have the Rough Country. I think there are more members here with the Rough Country than the Rocky Road.
A little less money for the RC as well. I forgot to add that I tow with a equalizing/stabilizing hitch so the Jeep doesn't squat much from the tongue load. It sets with a slight rake even with the trailer hooked up and loaded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have used the RR 2.5 lift for 4 years, towed a 6500# boat and currently tow my 2600# Flats Boat all over Florida. I have put over 65,000 miles on the lift with no complaints.

I used 3/4" Spider Trax Spacers to get the stock wheels out a little bit to run General Grabber AT2 255-70/17 tires

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have used the RR 2.5 lift for 4 years, towed a 6500# boat and currently tow my 2600# Flats Boat all over Florida. I have put over 65,000 miles on the lift with no complaints.

I used 3/4" Spider Trax Spacers to get the stock wheels out a little bit to run General Grabber AT2 255-70/17 tires
Nice! Thanks for the reply. I am staying with the stock sized tire but may use spacers just to push the tires out a little. I don't want to affect my final drive ratio since I tow a car trailer with my trail rig on it, about 7000#.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts