Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my track bar about 6 months ago, but it's knocking again. I think the 2" Rough Country lift pulls it to much and causes undo wear. So instead of spending another $50 at O'Reilly's for another one, I want to get an adjustable one, but where to get one?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Haven't decided if I am going to replace mine yet. I may do it after Christmas if it still bothers me. Can let us know how that one works out?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I replaced my track bar about 6 months ago, but it's knocking again. I think the 2" Rough Country lift pulls it to much and causes undo wear. So instead of spending another $50 at O'Reilly's for another one, I want to get an adjustable one, but where to get one?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
For what it's worth, I've been running the 2" Rough Country lift for 2 years and now I have had no issues with my track bar at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You may check the double shear, bolt passes through 2 parts of a bracket as opposed to single shear as the tie rod end sticks up through one hole. It divides forces and limits complete failure.

The double shear track bar has an eye and bushing with a bolt and will not bind like a TRE can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts