Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys once again im looking to this forum for knowledge. my jeep is about ready for a new battery and i'm not sure which brand to get. i was raised thinkin Diehard's were the best... is that still the case? i want something factory fitting. i dont have a crazy stereo setup other than the mygig upgrade (which definetly drains some juice with the internal fan that never seems to shut off) So if anybody's got suggestions i'd love to hear them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I need a new one as well.. I checked with my local dealer and they want $120.00 for a new one.. I'm going to buy one from them, I figure the OEM battery lasted allmost seven years and that's good enough for me..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need a new one as well.. I checked with my local dealer and they want $120.00 for a new one.. I'm going to buy one from them, I figure the OEM battery lasted allmost seven years and that's good enough for me..
$120 aint bad. the others i've looked at were 150 plus

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bought a duralast gold this weekend. Fit like oem. Had a service 4wd message, dim lights and my left window went wacko. Stock battery tested bad. Everything went back to normal with the new battery and i reset my window. Was afraid of messing with optima due to overvoltage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought a duralast gold this weekend. Fit like oem. Had a service 4wd message, dim lights and my left window went wacko. Stock battery tested bad. Everything went back to normal with the new battery and i reset my window. Was afraid of messing with optima due to overvoltage.

duralast ... is that auto zone? how much was that? I checked advance auto parts their brand was just as much as a diehard 150 somethin. same warranty too. I dont think the optima puts out more voltage than our factory battery. does it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
It was 154 dollars at auto zone or advanced auto. Its the johnson control battery. Same as everstart and kirkland and i think sears.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts