Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Spring is coming and the weather for the most of us is turning a little warmer. What sunshades are people using in their Commanders to keep the interior cooler during the upcoming hot days of summer? What does the Mopar Commander sunshade look like? There seems to be a generic image of it around the internet but the actual piece seems to be slightly different by some accounts of people who have purchased it.

I know that this is one of those mundane threads but just wanted to see what people were using before I bought the Mopar piece which is definitely on the higher end price wise. But the fit really matters more to me than anything.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I have not seen the Jeep version up close but they appear to stick to the door frame using two sided tape.......be patient, someone with that version will pipe up.

I have the Weathertech version.
They fit into the glass channel and are my prefered system.
I also have them on my 97 Chev pickup, my 96 Chev Blazer and of course, the Commander.
They have held up well....each vehicle has had them since new.

There is a downside to the 'in channel' versions though.
After a few years of use you will see scratches have developed on the very top edge of the glass from rubbing on the shade.
You can only see it if the glass is partially open and at certain angles on sunny days.
Beyond that, no issues.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I have not seen the Jeep version up close but they appear to stick to the door frame using two sided tape.......be patient, someone with that version will pipe up.

I have the Weathertech version.
They fit into the glass channel and are my prefered system.
I also have them on my 97 Chev pickup, my 96 Chev Blazer and of course, the Commander.
They have held up well....each vehicle has had them since new.

There is a downside to the 'in channel' versions though.
After a few years of use you will see scratches have developed on the very top edge of the glass from rubbing on the shade.
You can only see it if the glass is partially open and at certain angles on sunny days.
Beyond that, no issues.

Rob
Robby, I am pretty sure he is asking about the windshield covers and not the side vent shades.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am indeed talking about the sunshade for the windshield. I have used the generic ones for my previous vehicles but I want something a little more purpose built in this situation.

Any pictures from those who have the Jeep one would be great as there tends to be a few different ones out there. Also, any other brands that make a decent one will work too.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do people not use these things anymore? The sun really seems to beat down during the summer months here in Oklahoma and it is nice to keep the interior of the car as comfortable as possible as the car bakes in the parking lot during work. I haven't really found much that is meant for the Commander besides the Jeep brand one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From my understanding the image of the Jeep sunshade above is the Part # 82209799 that is listed on most sites as the part for the Commanders.

The attached image is what most of the sites show as the example, is this the incorrect part? I am just wanting to know what I will receive if I order one over the internet.

Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts