Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as of right now im using the stock tires with 2 inch lift and 1.5 in spidertrax wheel spacers. the stockers do a pretty good job on the sand but im looking for a more aggressive tire. people are telling me mud terrains are too much for the beach sand and ill probably dig. keep in mind its some pretty rough sand. so anyone have suggestions for a good tire for my kind of driving. its not a daily driver so i dont mind noise

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would highly recommend a set of Toyo Open Country's. I've had mine for 20k and have never had a problem with them. Very quite and smooth ride. They do great in the snow and I go to Silver Lake Sand Dunes alot. These tires do awesome out there.

·
Registered
392 Posts
A wider all terrain could really help you out. I would recommend looking into the Hankook RF10 ATM, the Falken Wild Peak or the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the responses. just ordered the wrangler silent armors. 265/65/17 should be ok with my set up right? havent hammered the pinch welds yet but im guessing im gonna have too.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'm running 265/70/17 Mud Mickey's with a 2 1/2" R/C lift, no spacers and no pinch weld mod albeit the front tires do tend to grab a little bit of the unibody at full steering lock, and yes, on soft sand the mudders will tend to dig in, thinking of getting a spare set of wheels with some A/T tires...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts