Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 06 4.7 Commander, what would be the best way to lift the front end up 1-2" where it looks level? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
577 Posts
jeep5253 said:
The easiest and quickest way would be to put something heavy in the cargo area.:D
Parking on a hill is very effective, as well......:p

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Funny responses.

Check out the BDS kit. It is 2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear. My dealer has installed a Rusty's 2" and my BDS kit. He commented on the quality of the BDS vs the Rusty's kit. Sorry, I did not ask for specifics.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the links/suggestions, i'm still undecided about what to do but I do have some direction now. Glad to know we have some people with sense of humor around here.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I've never dealt with an IFS setup before, so forgive my ignorance when I ask the question... would coil spacers work if he just wants to level out the front? For instance, say putting a 1/2" or 3/4" coil spacer in the front alone?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome to the site cliffk82!

sciron4x4 said:
I've never dealt with an IFS setup before, so forgive my ignorance when I ask the question... would coil spacers work if he just wants to level out the front? For instance, say putting a 1/2" or 3/4" coil spacer in the front alone?
Yes, they would work but they would also limit the travel of the strut by the same amount. I'm not sure what the travel of the strut is but I think it's in the 4" area.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would lifting or leveling my Commander Void my Warranty?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nothing voids your warranty unless they can prove that the reason the part gave out was the addition or subtraction to the vehicle.

I suggest the Teraflex 2" Lift for leveling it made my 4.7 look great!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Scoobydew31 said:
Nothing voids your warranty unless they can prove that the reason the part gave out was the addition or subtraction to the vehicle.
... and it can only void a portion of the warranty. For example if they find issues to your driveline or suspension were caused by you lifting the vehicle, and then your heater breaks -- they still have to replace your heater.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts