Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, what bulbs can I put in to make my reverse lights brighter. Right now, there stock. But with my tint, its really hard to see. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I wish I had some ideas but I dont. I like auxiliary lights like "bully" makes that connect to trailer pin connector and mount to hitch receiver. looks really clean. no drilling and now wiring. just mounting and connecting and lots of needed light for those of us with dark tint.

·
Registered
809 Posts
http://shop.3bspecialties.com/3BSpec-3157-4157-3-Watt-10-Flux-Bulb-White-pr-LED3157-3W10Flux-W.htm

I talked to these guys a bit when looking for a brighter bulb to power through my tinted tails and this is what they thought would work best. Never followed through (just got used to backing up in the dark), but since I just got a ticket for my brakelights/taillights "not working properly" I may revisit the idea. (In the meantime I have to swap the OEM lights back in to get the ticket dropped.)

·
2,248 Posts
So does that mean that our SWAT raid on the fellow in Colorado was for nothing?

·
Registered
809 Posts
So does that mean that our SWAT raid on the fellow in Colorado was for nothing?
Haha, not yet. Have yet to receive those lights, but against all my better judgment I will probably still install (and reinstall) the blacked-out sets. For as little as we drive I am just not too concerned about getting pulled over again. I do appreciate the leniency of the officer describing the lights as "not working properly" though, instead of several other indisputable descriptions/charges. I was driving through the Greek quarter of campus late at night on my way home from work and I honestly think he was expecting something more exciting to be going on inside the big black box.
But none the less, it wouldn't kill me to have some brighter bulbs back there (and hopefully someday up front too).

·
Registered
87 Posts
i mounted a cheapie walmart 2" 55watt light under my bumper and tied it into the back up light wiring, makes a huge difference

·
Registered
248 Posts
Heck, at night I hate how dim the backup lights are with the stock rear tint. I'd want brighter lights just for the stock setup.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Heck, at night I hate how dim the backup lights are with the stock rear tint. I'd want brighter lights just for the stock setup.
What stock rear tint? Mine are clear!:woot:

·
Banned
277 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the stock tint as the privacy glass windows, not the tail light housings. I'm thinking of doing something like "Doc" - with a cheap light wired to the trailer lights under the rear bumper...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think Im goning to try the silverstar ultra bulbs.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Never knew there were Silverstar signal lights. Good to know. But they're still 27/8,3W bulbs- how are they brighter?

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the stock tint as the privacy glass windows, not the tail light housings. I'm thinking of doing something like "Doc" - with a cheap light wired to the trailer lights under the rear bumper...
i've never seen a trailer with back up lights

·
Banned
277 Posts
Ha, come to think of it...I haven't either...I guess I was just hoping that would be an easy solution, to just plug into the hitch wiring. But I still want to do the same thing you mentioned, regardless of how it's wired.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
i've never seen a trailer with back up lights
I Have seen Bass Boat trailers with back up lights. They come in handy when fishing at night and the ramp is poorly lit.:SM127:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Put the silver stars in, cost about $8 and about 10 mins to put in. Much better light output. Wider and farther, good upgrade.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts