Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i am looking at getting a new set of tires for my rig. I just saw that bfg t/a ko has a 245 70 17. Or should i go with a general grabber AT2 at the same size for 60$ less.. Now the question i have is will a spare fit under the truck at this size. i have a hitch, but its not the full size hitch. Its just attaches to the rear cross member. Also will these fit fine without a lift kit? Thanks..

Josh...

·
Registered
391 Posts
A 245/70R17 is about 1" taller than your factory tire. You may be able to run this size without a lift or level but I don't know for sure. Tires are like shoes, some run a little larger than others so its possible that a 245/70R17 from one brand may fit without rubbing while another won't. I am not sure about the spare. I recommend creeping under your Jeep and measuring to see if you have fit the extra inch.

We'd be happy to make a recommendation for a tire as well. What tire do you have now and how many miles did you get out of them? How many miles are you looking to get out of your new tires and what do you want them to do for you?

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
Hey guys i am looking at getting a new set of tires for my rig. I just saw that bfg t/a ko has a 245 70 17. Or should i go with a general grabber AT2 at the same size for 60$ less.. Now the question i have is will a spare fit under the truck at this size. i have a hitch, but its not the full size hitch. Its just attaches to the rear cross member. Also will these fit fine without a lift kit? Thanks..

Josh...

See this---->http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8393

1 - 3 of 3 Posts