Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for tires on my '06 w/ 41k. The stock Goodyears have a little life still, but I would like to have new rubber on for the Chicago winter, we already have had about 12" of powder in Dec. Has anyone heard of BFG T/A KM2 on a commander? I see that they come in 245/70R17, which I would put on the stock chrome rims, and maybe look to do something different for summer, maybe 19 or 20. I am still considering a small lift, but I am pretty sure I will do spacers. Anybody consider the BFG T/A KM2s?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I know there were a few members on the forum running 245/70R17 BFG Mud Terrain KM2's. I'm not sure if any of them are in areas that get any snow, but i know that a few have gone off roading with them. I wanted these tires but wasnt sure how good they would be in the snow and really couldnt find any reviews of people having them in the snow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
BFG's

I just got new tires on my 06 this week, I was looking @ the bfg's but my jeep dealership warned that they are about 2 inches bigger than the stock size they said they would do it but once mounted they were mine even if they rubbed, I know another member has them on he said they do not rub but it is very very close, I went with stock size bridgestone dueler revos they are pretty sharp and they filled them with nitrogen

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got new tires on my 06 this week, I was looking @ the bfg's but my jeep dealership warned that they are about 2 inches bigger than the stock size they said they would do it but once mounted they were mine even if they rubbed, I know another member has them on he said they do not rub but it is very very close, I went with stock size bridgestone dueler revos they are pretty sharp and they filled them with nitrogen
Do you think spacers would help, or would it rub on top?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I run the km2's during the summer months. As far as snow, they SUCK! I skid all over the place with them so I decided to take them off for the winter and put the stock forteras back on. I'm running the size you mentioned above 245/70/r17. You can run them without a lift but they will rub just a lil at full turn.Nothing too bad though. If you get them I would recommend getting them siped as akfossil recommended me to do.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'm shopping for tires on my '06 w/ 41k. The stock Goodyears have a little life still, but I would like to have new rubber on for the Chicago winter, we already have had about 12" of powder in Dec. Has anyone heard of BFG T/A KM2 on a commander? I see that they come in 245/70R17, which I would put on the stock chrome rims, and maybe look to do something different for summer, maybe 19 or 20. I am still considering a small lift, but I am pretty sure I will do spacers. Anybody consider the BFG T/A KM2s?
I looked at them at first but they were to high priced for what i wanted to spend....

But if you want a good tire for snow and all around driving on and off road.....i ended up getting Goodyear Wrangler SIlent armors.....and they are awesome in just about every condition....even in mud and on ice.....and for sure in snow.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
They don't look like a good snow tire. Look more like a mud or rock tire.
I put on Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's shortly before we got 12 inches of snow. They are great in snow.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Regarding the size 245/70/17's without a lift. These tires are 30.5 inches diameter. Stock is 29.45 inches diameter. I believe they will fit without a lift. You can look at your tires and picture about 1/2 inch or a little more on the outside to see if you think they will rub. I don't think they would be a problem with our without a lift.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Revo's

How are you liking those Revo's? Are they the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo?
I have been doing some research on tire rack and those Revo's were rated like the number 5 tire. I like those and the Firestone Destination A/T but the Revo is a "T" rated tire and I like the looks of the tread pattern better.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
How are you liking those Revo's? Are they the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo?
I have been doing some research on tire rack and those Revo's were rated like the number 5 tire. I like those and the Firestone Destination A/T but the Revo is a "T" rated tire and I like the looks of the tread pattern better.
I just got the REVO's put on my commander almost two weeks ago and they are amazing. The are quiet just like the stock tires but have a lot more agressive tread pattern. We recently got hit with a crap load of lake effect snow here in Buffalo and the commander drove like a tank with them on. I love them and recommend them to eveyone!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have only had them for about 2 weeks, they are quiet and have a better tread than stock, I really wanted to go with something bigger with more aggressive tread, but you really need a lift, its my daily driver so I dont really want to lift it and make the gas mileage any worse. I havent been able to test them in snow or mud yet but I am sure they will do better than the stock goodyears..and yeah they are the REVOS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts