Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BFG has just launched the redesign of their T/A KO. We had a chance to run the new BFG T/A KO2 for over 350 miles in Baja Mexico earlier this week. Before we tell you what we thought we'd love to hear what your initial thoughts are.

Here's a quick pic from our ride (more to follow) and a video that was posted on BFG's YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPTxnRg_BRA

·
Registered
7 Posts
These tires should fit in well with all the new all terrain tires others are releasing. I think they look nice.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I have a set of BFG Rugged Terrain T/A on my Commander now and I like em.

It is an intermediate On/Off Road Tire. More off road than the OEM Goodyear Fortera but more on road than the BFG T/A KO or Mud Terrain.

Like you would imagine, a little noiser and rougher on road at highway speed than the Fortera, but still comfortable, more off road grip than Fortera.

I imagine less off road grip than these BFG T/A KO, but a little smoother and qieter.

My BFG Rugged Terrain T/A seem to be wearing well, at least a 50k mile tire.

Just recently I've noticed a little more roughness when braking or steering, after 25k miles, but I can't rule out that is the shocks/brakes/suspension. Haven't tracked it down yet, nor is it that bad, just NOT as smooth as my 115k mi Commander was when it was new.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE:

BFG will release their new All-Terrain T/A KO2 in two phases. Phase one(1) is scheduled for November 2014
and phase two(2) is scheduled for March and April 2015.

In other news, BFG dropped a new All-Terrain T/A KO2 tire from 10,000 feet and drove away on it.
Guess the spot on Playground Earth it hit and you could win a set for yourself.

·
Registered
954 Posts
These tires do not appear to be available in a 245/70 R17 size, is that true?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^not as projected at this time but BFG has stated that they will offer the KO2 in 61 sizes eventually so its likely down the road.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Just noticed the updated phase 2 release note. Bummer, I still don't see a 245/70R17 size. I'll need new shoes soon so I'll probably end up going with the new Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure if these won't be available yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts