• Black

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what just came in from my favorite UPS guy!

O yeah, mud terrane, I know they will be loud, but thats what i'm looking for. Time to run up to the local tire shop.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now the only question is white or black lettering.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Definitely black, that's what I did on my tires as well. But basically it's up to you. What do you like better?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I liked the white lettering with your color package. I would have suggested black,
but your XK is red with the aluminum wheels.

But, like the man said, "I dont chew my 'baccy twicet."
or Do what you like!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Black looks meaner! Nice tires.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, back from the tire place. Waited the 2 1/2 hr like normal BS. I had told the guy that I wanted black, but he didn't tell the installer, so the installer thought that he would just do what he thought looked good. SO, i have white lettering. The guy came out and said "o wait didn't you want black lettering?"

Didn't want to wait another hr, so he gave me 20% off install and I drove off.

THESE TIRES ARE AMAZING! I love the way they look and drive. Raised the commander another inch or so and drives perfect. You do hear and feel the hum of the tires, but not bad at all.

Here is some before and after.

BEFORE

AFTER

Might need some wheel spacers for extra look, but drive fine with no rub.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
NICE!!! I really like the look. I want new tires...:)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The more I look at it the more i'm falling in love with it. Don't think i'll ever go back.

I just hope the white coloring doesn't run like ive seen.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was going to go with the white lettering, but my tire guy said the black would allow the chrome and color of the truck (same as yours and Robby's) to pop.

As with spacers, I dropped mine because it drove like a go cart.

You're tires look great. I wish I got the slightly smaller tires.

-Rob

·
Registered
346 Posts
Not a fan of white lettering, but it does look good...I wouldn't have waited either after seeing it. And if you think the hum is lound now, just wait a few thousand miles, mine seem to be getting louder, and I love it!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had a set of BFG AT K/O's with OWL and they looked nice if I kept them clean... they require a bit of effort but look great (and your forearms will be built up if you switch hands scrubbing them).

You chose 245/75/17 like I did --- and that means you can avoid the spacers. Personally, my XK feels very stable without them, and the tires can not throw debris up the sides when they are tucked in.

It's entirely up to you, but I will not use spacers.

Enjoy the new tires! Your XK has a great stance and will not be mistaken for some soccer mom's XK :) .

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looks great bro, I like the white lettering too. Deffinately looks meaner even without the spacers. :banana_hitit:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I do like the wider stance of the spacers, I didnt notice a difference in driving. I did chuckle at the reference to drives like a go cart though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanx for all the complements. I'm trying to get everything setup for east coast camp commander.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts