Jeep Commander Forum banner
261 - 280 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hope things work out. I decided to keep my XK. I am ordering a SL very soon to go 6” and 36’s. Glad installed went okay. I’ll be installing SL myself so I hope for the same result!

Where did you order the SL kit from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 · (Edited)
Hope things work out. I decided to keep my XK. I am ordering a SL very soon to go 6” and 36’s. Glad installed went okay. I’ll be installing SL myself so I hope for the same result!

Where did you order the SL kit from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're a better man than me Core - I hope your install goes smooth as well, post some pics when you're done.

I'm going with the Good Year Duratrac LT285/70/17's which are 33's - the tire size that Superlift recommends running with the 4 inch lift....I know obviously I will have more lift than I had, I just don't really know for sure, exactly how much more.

Since your keeping your XK, I'll close your "For Sale" thread in the buy/sell forum.

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
Here are some pics from underneath to give you a better idea of what all gets replaced and/or upgraded;

Rear Springs

Rear Lower control arms

Additional Hardware

New Rear Shocks

Moog Front Lower Control Arms (Added separately - not part of Superlift package)

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
Nice rig Big Blue. Now for some Boeshield, Fluid Film, or Krown (all spray on) on those rusted parts to slow down the corrosion process.

Looking good though.
Actually, I really have very little rust to worry about, she is exceptionally clean underneath - especially considering she has no factory under-coating.

I'll eventually do something (maybe rhino-liner). I'll have to check with some professional paint shops & get some prices..

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 · (Edited)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Replaced the burnt-out light bulb on my dashboard climate control panel for the AC/Vent/Airflow select-a-switch which is the knob on the far right; I actually replaced all 3 of the climate control select-a-knob light bulbs while I had it apart and made a nice detailed how-to thread about it here;

Been a while since I posted, how's things?

I did this last year and failed horribly. I finally ordered a used unit off ebay and it's been great since.

Nice work though!

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 · (Edited)
Been a while since I posted, how's things?

I did this last year and failed horribly. I finally ordered a used unit off ebay and it's been great since.

Nice work though!
Thanks for the kind words, I surprise myself once in a while....LOL.

I'm not too bad brother....it's good to see you back posting again, I was starting to wonder what happened to you.

Don't be such a stranger @Legofan;

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was starting to wonder what happened to you.

Don't be such a stranger @Legofan;

I appreciate that...

Work, life, etc

You know, the important things. :wink3:

I might do some write ups on the hypertech tuner since most threads I've found are 2012 and younger. Also plan to rebuild the entire front end including front diff isolators so I might do something with that, time permitting.

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
I appreciate that...

Work, life, etc

You know, the important things. :wink3:

I might do some write ups on the hypertech tuner since most threads I've found are 2012 and younger. Also plan to rebuild the entire front end including front diff isolators so I might do something with that, time permitting.
Yep, I hear you.....looking forward to reading your write-ups.

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
Replaced my Front Cowl panel about 2 months ago;

I know in the past, forum members have asked if the front cowl panel windshield seal can be replaced, since almost all XK's are either missing it altogether, or, it's in the process of coming apart, piece by piece, like mine was. I took a shot in the dark a while back (about a year and a half ago) and ordered an entire new front cowl panel, hoping that the front windshield seal came with it (it doesn't specify when you order the front cowl panel, if the front windshield seal comes with it or not).

Fortunately, the new front cowl panel did come with a brand new front windshield seal, already in place and the entire assembly was fairly easy to replace; This is the part number for the front cowl panel;

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
Tools needed are as follows;

A 13MM socket to take off the windshield wipers;

An interior rivet/button/push pin puller or a common screw driver to pull off the caps that are covering the bolts holding the windshield wiper arms in place;

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
This is my old front cowl cover and you can see where the front window seal was pealing apart piece by piece;

Once you get the windshield wipers off, there are only 5 push tabs hold the front cowl in place and you can pull it free with a little effort, no tools are needed for this part of the job, just your hands; Of course, one of the push tabs broke off when I was removing the old cowl, but, the broken tab was removed easily enough;

I took some pics of the old cowl, after I took it off, so you have an idea of where the push tabs are located;

The last push tab which broke off;

Broken push tab still lodged in place;

261 - 280 of 291 Posts