Jeep Commander Forum banner
281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
The whole job took me about an hour & a half from start to finish - only because I really took my time and thoroughly cleaned the windshield wiper motor/bay area that was now exposed, after removing the front cowl panel, making sure I removed all the leaves & cleaned the 12 yrs worth of crud out of there.

I've had this brand new front cowl for about a year & a half or so now; I'm glad I finally took the time to replace it.

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
I'll tell ya, the amount of leaves and natures garbage that finds it's way into the engine bay nooks and crannys is mind boggling.

Looking good, that Florida sun dries out those seals for sure.
Yes indeed.....thanks @Legofan.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Big Blue,
What do you call the shades that you have over you side door windows? Did you install them if so do the rely on the window run seals to anchor them? I am looing at an alternative to cover the run seals since I cannot find replacements.

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Big Blue,
What do you call the shades that you have over you side door windows? Did you install them if so do the rely on the window run seals to anchor them? I am looing at an alternative to cover the run seals since I cannot find replacements.
Creek;

They are called Rain Guards & they do not rely on Window seals to anchor them. They have adhesive strips that run the length of the rain guard.

They adhere directly to the door itself & yes, I installed them myself. You just have to make sure you have them lined up correctly before you mount them because once that adhesive strip touchs the metal of your door, you'll have a hell of a time trying to get it off.

I've had mine on for about 4 years. You can order them through most auto parts stores.

281 - 291 of 291 Posts