Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken at Azusa Canyon :)

Here are some pics that I took and a few stills from videos, I will upload the videos as soon as I can.. Thanks Check it out!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Those are good tires you have on. Do you have any rubbing?

Heck yes and Heck yes...

I think i posted a pic of it rubbing somewhere...

its this bad... i made a new tread just for that bolt..
if you look at the tread where it rubs against the bolt it has wore a groove in it and if you look at the corner most of the tread you will see where it gashes against the body/frame of the commander at full lock so it takes a good chunk out of the tire..but i love the way the tire works and the spacers would put it out further so ill wear through these tires then get some better rims later on to take care of the problem along with a 4" lift...

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Are you getting some air in the third photo from your front tires? Looks like fun!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow guys, I think I pounded the Commander a bit hard... I was driving today and then all of a sudden the car started vibrating pretty weird almost like a faint misfire... so i accelerated and it was vibrating as I accelerated, I thought it was a drive train issue, but when I got to a light I put it in Neutral and revved it only to get the same vibration, after a little driving it went away but it comes back every now and then today.. I experienced it about 4 times in the 100 miles i drove today...
PLEASE HELP anyone had this kinda issue before???

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you getting some air in the third photo from your front tires? Looks like fun!!!
Yeah actually those were the only passes that I got on video, in the last picture, I actually had the whole off the ground, so everyone says, but yeah my friend was pointing out to me that the rear tires were off the ground as well.

One pass I know for sure I got air on the whole jeep but unfortunately my camera was in my car..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Video! "YouTube" has a lot of people that have plenty to say, needless to say, I deleted those comments...

I admit I got stuck really bad out there in about door sill deep mud, and I also admit that this huge ass Toyota FJ (the older real ones) had to pull me out, but he had the biggest rig out there on some 47 inch tires at least!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_DBcA5ZlM8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=citk4NBqJH0

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
looks like a great time.....awesome.......

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I had a similar vibration after the trip to Wharton State Forest in NJ. What happened was all of the mud got caked on the inside of the wheel throwing the wheel off balance. I took a pressure washer to the back sides of the wheels and cleaned them out really good and the vibration went away. It was so bad that anything over 45 mph shook the whole vehicle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a similar vibration after the trip to Wharton State Forest in NJ. What happened was all of the mud got caked on the inside of the wheel throwing the wheel off balance. I took a pressure washer to the back sides of the wheels and cleaned them out really good and the vibration went away. It was so bad that anything over 45 mph shook the whole vehicle.
Hey 07 but this vibration does not happen while I am moving, it happens when I am at idle randomly, or when i rev the engine in neutral or park, and it is noticeable when i start moving, it seems like the engine is off balance, or misfiring?? its alllllllllmost like its misfiring or alllllllmost like an ignition problem....
thank you for your reply though..

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Great videos. What were the deleted comments on YouTube? I always love to make them look stupid rather than just deleting them.

·
2,248 Posts
Mel,

It may be that you have a loose spark plug wire or a grounded wire from mud and water. If it vibrates and feels like a misfire that would seem to be a possibility. Check each wire and make sure that they are connected.

·
2,248 Posts
A plug wire that has melted against a hot exhaust will ground and cause exactly what he is describing.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I hope he has it fixed as well BUT if he hasn't I think I know what it is...the same thing happened to me after the Mounds run. Mud dries on the radiator fan causing it to be off balance. When does the fan go on? When you are sitting at a stoplight. That was my experience. It's just amazing how much vibration a little plastic fan can cause.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
8 month old thread...brought back to life...

Mattfisher, you may want to ask your lift questions in the propper section...and welcome to the forum!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts