Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any specific instructions anywhere on here for the big three wiring upgrade on the commander?

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has to do with car audio, It's replacing 3 main wires under the hood to improve your electrical system when installing a high power audio system.

Wanted to know if any of the wires were hard to find for any of you guys that have done it on the commander.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ok..

I worked at a stereo shop in the mid 90's and never heard of that.. just wondering....

I have installed caps and installed bigger alts and run big 1/0 wire but never heard of that..!!!

Jim

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha, thats funny it is really common at every shop I've been too. As well as any car audio forum or shop on the net.

·
Super Moderator
14,963 Posts
I've never heard of it either.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dooby: did you ever find what you needed? I beleive I have photos and can help you with your wiring project. The commander is quite simple to upgrade the big three (just to add to that fire, the big three for us was, headunit, amps, speakers). If you need help let me know and I can send pictures of the 1/0 gromet location and grounding upgrade also.

LMK
Meatball

·
Registered
224 Posts
For most installs thats fine. I compete in sound quality with IASCA and MECA, so seperating the factory power from the power to the stereo is a must. As long as the resistance from your amp to the chassis ground is equal on the battery to chassis ground is the same, youll be fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
considered the big 3

I have considered it, but we have a good size alternator. I am running 2 small Rockford amps. Soon to be adding on-board air and possible off road lighting. I don't think I will have a problem until a bumper is sold with a winch mounting plate.....What are you running to upgrade the big 3?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been wondering if anyone has done this as well. I'm planning on doing this to my Commander since I'm about to go over 1500 watts rms. The alternator to battery + shouldn't be hard at all but I'm curious as to where the engine ground and chassis would be at.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wow.. Shocked none of you have heard of the Big Three.. I learned that in high school.

Either way, Going to read that link. I would like to do the big 3 also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts