Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone so I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with tire fitment. As of now I am running a: 2” Rough Country spacer leveling/lift kit with, 1.5” Rough Country wheel spacers, with 265/70/17 Lion Sport M/T tires, and no pinch weld mod and no body trimming. I don’t get any rub until I fully flex the wheel, and even then I only get minimal rubbing against the inner plastic fender liner. I was wondering if anyone thinks I can pull off 33 12.50 r17 M/T tires with a 3” lift and 1.5” spacers without doing a pinch weld mod?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hey everyone so I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with tire fitment. As of now I am running a: 2” Rough Country spacer leveling/lift kit with, 1.5” Rough Country wheel spacers, with 265/70/17 Lion Sport M/T tires, and no pinch weld mod and no body trimming. I don’t get any rub until I fully flex the wheel, and even then I only get minimal rubbing against the inner plastic fender liner. I was wondering if anyone thinks I can pull off 33 12.50 r17 M/T tires with a 3” lift and 1.5” spacers without doing a pinch weld mod?
Welcome to the forum;

No chance of that my friend - even with the pinch-weld mod. If you want 33 inch tires you need to upgrade to the 4 inch Superlift. I speak from experience; You can read about my misadventures here;

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/26-wheels-tires/72977-goodyear-duratrac-lt285-70-17s-ultimately-upgrading-4-inch-superlift.html

·
Registered
480 Posts
Speaking from my own experience, 33s won't fit without rubbing even with a modified OME. I ran a custom modified OME set up to around 23" front and rear, the pinch weld mod, around 5" of backspacing, and a 265/70/18 and still had significant rubbing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts