Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring of 2016, I traded in my 02 Durango for this wonderful 08 Commander, which I LOVE and HATE all at the same time.

After dumping $5k into it for things that were NOT covered under the dealer and extended warranty, I over all LOVE this rolling hunk of manly metal... except.. it's HAUNTED! No joke... when you start this thing up.. EVERYTHING works like it's supposed to. Hit up a Stop & Rob for a cup of coffee, get back in, start it up.. NO RADIO. If it's night time and headlights are on.. there are no dash lights to any of the radio buttons.. but everything else lights up fine. BUT... if it has sat for an hour or so, and you fire it up, the radio works, and if it's dark out, all the buttons light up as well... HAUNTED!

Used to be that if you started it with the AutoStart function after a quick stop, the radio would turn on and work fine.. that is sadly no longer the case. I believe it caught on that I was manipulating it to actually work when I wanted it to and it got angry!

This has been going on for over a year, and NOBODY has a clue .. including the dealership... I am now on a one man mission of MADNESS to figure it all out... or find someone willing to do an exorcism on a Jeep! Greatest part is... so many have said to check the fuse... well.. if it had one.. I would check it! LOL >:)

·
Premium Member
674 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Have you pulled the radio to see if a LockPick was installed?

My back up camera stopped working and it was because the previous owner installed a LockPick and it failed. I pulled the radio to investigate and found it. Removed it and everything was back to normal.

https://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm
What does the LockPick actually do anyway?

I have heard the term a few times before - but I don't know what it's function is actually supposed to be other than it has something to do with the radio, obviously.

·
Registered
303 Posts
It allows for navigation input while driving, additional cameras and video(movies etc) on screen while driving.

Standard navigation only allows input while in park.

Newer ones allow for Bluetooth music etc

It plugs in between factory connections and radio. When it fails the radio/navigation will start to act funny and functionality is compromised which happened to mine.

https://i.imgur.com/Ndvrdmp.jpg

Once I removed that mess it was back to normal.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts