Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would show what I use to carry my bikes. I had it on my last jeep. Finally used it today. I have a led strip like you use under a tailgate that sinals left and right and stop.Nothing spectacular just any easy way to load and unload. Also good for carrying gas cans, etc..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have a regular Thule rack that goes in the receiver hitch. I had thought about getting something like that for ease of use with extra stuff. I chose to use the Thule one because it keeps my bike high up and I can still hit trails without worrying about messing up my bike hitting something.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a Yakima one, it would swing alot and the wheels would spin, going down the interstate. Not a big deal. It also would only carry two bikes. I had an adapter I bought to carry a womens frame, kind of goofy setup. Now I can carry my kids bike, wife's and mine easily. I would say the approach angle on my current setup would not be good, as you stated!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I got the Thule rack that carries 4 bikes. I use a strap to keep them in place so the bike(s) don't move while driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts