Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Commander Limited 4.7 127,000 miles
21 Posts
Hello all, searched and searched and can't find anyone running them on the highest setting. Measuring from the ground to my wheel well, my rear sits exactly 2.5 inches taller than the front. Reason stands to me, I can run the highest setting, and merely be level. I'm told the highest setting with the extra weight of the hemi should be perfect, and the rear height can be left stock.

Can't find anyone whom has done this with a hemi however.

I don't have a spring compressor, so was going to do my rear shocks myself, and have a shop install my fronts and align it. If I can get away with not having them touch the rear, that's what I would like to do.

Judging by the instructions, 2 inches in the middle would leave me .5 low...

Suppose absolute worst case is I could borrow or rent a compressor for the rear after the fronts are on, and slip an extra isolator in, but would rather not.

2010 limited awd with a hemi. Thanks all.
Looking at the sheet it is basically saying that at the highest setting it would upset your steering geometry so not recommended. I would not do more than the second setting on a Commander and you should be near level.

·
Registered
2006 Commander Limited 4.7 127,000 miles
21 Posts
Hello all, searched and searched and can't find anyone running them on the highest setting. Measuring from the ground to my wheel well, my rear sits exactly 2.5 inches taller than the front. Reason stands to me, I can run the highest setting, and merely be level. I'm told the highest setting with the extra weight of the hemi should be perfect, and the rear height can be left stock.

Can't find anyone whom has done this with a hemi however.

I don't have a spring compressor, so was going to do my rear shocks myself, and have a shop install my fronts and align it. If I can get away with not having them touch the rear, that's what I would like to do.

Judging by the instructions, 2 inches in the middle would leave me .5 low...

Suppose absolute worst case is I could borrow or rent a compressor for the rear after the fronts are on, and slip an extra isolator in, but would rather not.

2010 limited awd with a hemi. Thanks all.
I would try the #2 setting first, if it levels you within 1/2 inch you may find that fine if your ride is still acceptable. I think most of us are fine with just 1/2 inch rake, it sure beats the look of a 2 1/2 inch rake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts