Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as some of you know, the Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Struts aren't gonna be available till June 1st, so it would be near July before I could get them.
The part number for Bilstein is 24-225793. I've looked for alternatives, but there doesn't seem to be anything else similar. I called Bilstein about the similar size 5100's (24-188265 and 24-186940), but they say mounts are different. They wouldn't give me much info for fear that they would "recommend" something wrong. Of course I told them it was a GC so I could even get them on the phone. :eek:rangehat:

Anyway, I've got all my lift components lined up except for my front struts and I really don't want to wait till the summer. Any ideas other than getting regular struts and strut spacers? I don't think any other companies make an adjustable height strut that will fit on the commander.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
4wheelparts is running a nice sale on the Bilsteins. Hence the reason I was looking for an alternative part number so I could order at that price. They offered to let me have the sale price but I'd obviously still have to wait till mid-summer for the struts. I suppose I could get some strut spacers and keep my stock struts until then....

Here's the link if anyone is interested:
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-Shocks/2-5100-Series-Struts-2-5100-Series-Shocks-for-most-lifted-trucks.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=90&t_pt=3306&t_pn=S/DShockingBIL5100w/FRTStrut

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
4wheelparts is running a nice sale on the Bilsteins. Hence the reason I was looking for an alternative part number so I could order at that price. They offered to let me have the sale price but I'd obviously still have to wait till mid-summer for the struts. I suppose I could get some strut spacers and keep my stock struts until then....

Here's the link if anyone is interested:
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-Shocks/2-5100-Series-Struts-2-5100-Series-Shocks-for-most-lifted-trucks.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=90&t_pt=3306&t_pn=S/DShockingBIL5100w/FRTStrut
Kolak @ jeepforum .com should have some in stock. I purchased mine from him. Fast shipping/friendly service. Highly recommended.

When i purchased from him I was in the same boat as you. They were backordered everywhere. His price was very fair, and I like to support the little guy so win/win for me.

Even is you spend a bit more buying from Kolak, it will be much cheaper than buying other struts and spacers and less headache than doing the install twice certainly...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man. I looked at the ProComps, they just weren't listed for any Jeeps at all though. I would totally give them a try if we could find a set that *might* work.

In the meantime, I will give Kolak and shout and see what he's got on hand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, according to the 4wheelparts site, it does fit the commander. I may call Pro Comp and get a verification and guinea pig these things.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, talked to ProComp and 4wheelparts.
They both said there is nothing for the Commander/GC.
I went ahead and ordered the Bilsteins. They said a month, so we will see. The way work is going, it might be that long before I get around to putting my lift on anyway.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Alright, talked to ProComp and 4wheelparts.
They both said there is nothing for the Commander/GC.
I went ahead and ordered the Bilsteins. They said a month, so we will see. The way work is going, it might be that long before I get around to putting my lift on anyway.
Hrm. Their website says otherwise. Odd. Glad you called. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just an update: Cancelled the 5100 strut order since Kolak had some in hand. They are on their way! :D:D:D

Local shop is getting my springs for me so I don't have to pay shipping.
Might be sooner than I thought before I get this thing done.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Just an update: Cancelled the 5100 strut order since Kolak had some in hand. They are on their way! :D:D:D

Local shop is getting my springs for me so I don't have to pay shipping.
Might be sooner than I thought before I get this thing done.
Excellent :icon_smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts