Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! long time follower on this forum and I finally just joined. I appreciate this community so much and I've always gone back here for knowledge and guidance. Well I'm ordering the RRO 2.25 lift with their rear shocks for my 06 3.7 qt1 baby and I need to replace the front struts since they're longgg over due. I bought the blistein hd 4600 and was told to by my mechanic since the 5100s aren't listed for the XK (I know they will fit tho and some on here wheel with them) so I went ahead and took his word. Will I run into any problems with them on and the lift I'm getting?? How are they on the trails?

Much appreciated-
Jc

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
The 5100 have adjustable ride height spring perch's, that the lowest setting will still give a 3/4" lift. So that increases your additional lift even more and might throw off the "level" of the vehicle.

The Commander has Independent Front Suspension, so there is very little, if anything, to gain from longer/greater travel struts/shocks on the front.

I have the Bilstien 4600 front shocks. They are firmer than the OEM, or at least that is my perception after replacing worn out shocks, so I might be wrong.

Off road you'd probably want softer and NOT firmer, but even that varies according to exactly what you're doing. Its a good shock, and NOT so different than OEM that I'm sure it will work as well off-road as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hey guys! long time follower on this forum and I finally just joined. I appreciate this community so much and I've always gone back here for knowledge and guidance. Well I'm ordering the RRO 2.25 lift with their rear shocks for my 06 3.7 qt1 baby and I need to replace the front struts since they're longgg over due. I bought the blistein hd 4600 and was told to by my mechanic since the 5100s aren't listed for the XK (I know they will fit tho and some on here wheel with them) so I went ahead and took his word. Will I run into any problems with them on and the lift I'm getting?? How are they on the trails?

Much appreciated-
Jc
That's what I'm running and I have had no problems whatsoever.

I, like you, stayed away from the 5100's at the advice of my mechanic - who is the same mechanic who installed my 2 inch Rough Country Lift kit.

The ride is great, no errant suspension noises or clunks, I'm quite happy with it.

You can see pics of the install here:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/53-suspension-lifts/52882-bilstein-4600-shocks-struts-rear-coil-springs.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts