Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there one particular part number for the shocks I will need when I install my Rocky Road 2.5" lift? I see threads where there are several to choose from.....I have no clue which one, etc. I would have imagined they need to be longer than the stocks b/c of the lift, etc.....is there one particular shock by Bilstein that everyone is getting?
Thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok...so I think I found it. Is the 5100 the one I would need....or the 5150?

Bilstein Shocks for a 2006 JEEP Commander:

HD - Recommended shock for most applications, designed to work with the springs that came with your car. These shocks provide improved handling and stability without sacrificing ride comfort.
QTY Part # List Price (per shock)Sale Price (per shock) Notes BE5-D721-H0 [SIZE=-2](FRONT RIGHT&LEFT)$154.00$89.95 BE5-D722-H0 [SIZE=-2](REAR RIGHT&LEFT)[/SIZE]$135.00$70.95

Picking the right shock can be confusing, contact us at [email protected] for help and assistance. If you need to know your production date, generally it can be found on a sticker on the driver's doorframe. Note: If the shocks you are looking for are not listed please e-mail us at [email protected] for further information. Some vehicles use different shocks depending on a number of criteria so it is easier for you to work with us to help you make your choice. Additionally, we are continually adding new product lines so check back regularly. [/SIZE]

Application Key
HD:
Recommended shock for most applications, designed to work with the springs that came with your car.
SP:Sport, firmer ride quality than HD, designed for lowered vehicles and sport applications.C:Comfort, if your vehicle originally came with Bilsteins, these are direct replacements.TC:Touring Class, an economical factory replacement model.Damper:Stabilizes steering on those vehicles originally equipped with this type of shock. To be used with OEM mounting kit (not included).BTS:Suspension kit consisting of 4 shocks/struts and 4 sport springs.PSS:Ride height adjustable coil over suspension kit, includes shocks/struts and sport springs.PSS9/PSS10:Ride height adjustable and dampening adjustable coil over suspension kit, includes shocks/struts and sport springs.B16 Ride Control:Cockpit adjustable damping coilover kit. Includes 4 shocks, 4 springs, and everything required to give the car ride height adjustment and in-cockpit damping adjustability. Three different damping settings with this kit.Set:A complete set of shocks/struts for all four corners of your vehicle51005100 shocks are for lifted trucks, Jeeps and pre-runners and are designed to be used with manufactured lift kits utilizing the stock OEM mounting configuration.5150Medium duty off road shock with remote reservoir. For lifted trucks and SUVs with light to moderate off road use. 6100Bilstein's primary shock for off road use. The shock of choice for prerunners, Baja bugs, and medium duty rock crawling. 7100Heavy duty off road shock for sand, prerunners, and off road racing. Available with or without Schrader valves and remote reservoirs in a variety of valvings. 9100The ultimate off road racing shocks. Available in a number of configurations, all are hand built to customer specifications.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get Lost is a dealer for these I think. Check out his website of PM him. I think he would gladly set you up.

I'll do that! Thanks! I am looking at your sig. .... did you keep your stock wheels? What about tire size? If so...any pics? Thanks

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes I am running the stock rims. I don't like the fact that I need wheel spacers but i really like the rims on it.

Tires go on Friday. They would have been put on yesterday but the wife's car got new shoes as well so being the good husband....

As for pics check out My Garage

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I am running the stock rims. I don't like the fact that I need wheel spacers but i really like the rims on it.

Tires go on Friday. They would have been put on yesterday but the wife's car got new shoes as well so being the good husband....

As for pics check out My Garage
Thanks for all the helpful info guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts