Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was trolling through the forums quite a bit last year. Asked some questions, got some answers. I'm sure most of your guys' information goes to people who show up here for a bit then disappear, so I wanted to become a bit more active and thank all who helped out.

Installed the RC 2" lift, Bilstein rear shocks and then went adventuring! Took the jeep to see its first snow, wanted to put it through it's paces to went snow offroading to see what conditions it would get stuck in, and finally the grand canyon!

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
So I was trolling through the forums quite a bit last year. Asked some questions, got some answers. I'm sure most of your guys' information goes to people who show up here for a bit then disappear, so I wanted to become a bit more active and thank all who helped out.

Installed the RC 2" lift, Bilstein rear shocks and then went adventuring! Took the jeep to see its first snow, wanted to put it through it's paces to went snow offroading to see what conditions it would get stuck in, and finally the grand canyon!
Very cool pics ulv...thanks for coming back and sharing them.

So, how do you like the way your XK performed with the new mods?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, how do you like the way your XK performed with the new mods?
Much better! No more tire rubbing with the lift, which was especially important because I often haul. I once had a couple hundred pounds in the trunk/on the hitch carrier and heard gnarly rubbing over every bump. Fast forward to after the lift, and with almost 700lbs of fresh pine in the car I'm still sitting comfortably high over the tires.

Also, here's a pic from last week on a trail I found by a lake. As you can see I have now removed the front emblem>:)

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
Much better! No more tire rubbing with the lift, which was especially important because I often haul. I once had a couple hundred pounds in the trunk/on the hitch carrier and heard gnarly rubbing over every bump. Fast forward to after the lift, and with almost 700lbs of fresh pine in the car I'm still sitting comfortably high over the tires.

Also, here's a pic from last week on a trail I found by a lake. As you can see I have now removed the front emblem>:)
Nice pic ulv.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts