Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I just got my commander 2 weeks ago, since then i had the front windows tinted and mounted some 1 inch thick hub centric wheel spacers to give the Jeep a much sportier, aggressive stance! let me know how you like it!
-Jordan

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I like it would like to see a shot from the rear to see what it would look like going down the road.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It looks great! Any worries about the computer systems and stability control with the modifications? Could you tell me if the wheels still have plenty of clearance? Looks good and I would bet it handles a little better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The stability control sensors are fine, nothing whatsoever has changed about the ride of the vehicle besides the improved handling and looks. There is plenty of clearance within the fenders, i have tried to get the tires to rub and i cannot do so.

As for the wax comment, Thank you for the compliment!
I use Mothers liquid Wax. The pictures you see are after 3 days of non-stop rain too! you should have seen the thing right after it was waxed! it was glowing! haha

-Jordan

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I like the look with the wider stance....very nice. Are you worried at all about the suspension geometry being off or abnormal wear of your tires?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No im not too worried about the geometry of the jeep being "off" because i honestly cannot notice a difference in the ride, over bumps or anything. it simply handles better due to the 2 inch wider track, and if the tires wear out 5,000 miles sooner..... i really dont even care!

Thanks for the compliments!
-Jordan

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
One other question-- What are you parked next to in the first picture? I'm usually pretty good at identifying a vehicle even with just a small part of it visible, but for some reason I can't quite figure it out this time. At first I thought it may be a 3rd generation 4Runner, but the C- pillar isn't angled enough, so I'm not sure what it is....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jordan, the photos at ezaccessory of the spacers do not look like hubcentric spacers. When you received the spacers did they have a ring protruding from the center of the spacer to align the hub?

Scott

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
umm i dont really remember, i was all excited when they came i just threw them on the car. but if your asking because your worried it may change how the car drives, or wheel allignment/balancing, everything worked out great. sorry i couldnt remember, i TOTALLY recommend buying these spacers, they make the commander look sooo much better than a stock one, you wont be dissappointed!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I spoke with someone from WheelAdapter.com. They mentioned that the smallest spacer I could use was 1 1/4 inch. They claimed that they stock studs are greater than 1 inch. Therefore, the studs would stick through the spacers and hit the back of the rim.

I'm not sure how true that is since they wanted to charge me $65 for a 1 1/4 inch spacer per wheel. OUCH!!

Do the length of the studs differ depending on which model Commander we own?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sorry for the slow response i was upnorth at my cottage this past week. all i can tell you is that the factory studs dont stick out at all, everything fit together absolutely perfect on my commander and i would imagine it would do so on yours as well. with the 1 inch spacer my tires stick out maybe 1 or 2mm from the wheel wells, if you installed the 1-1/4 spacers it would sit more aggresive and im not sure if it would rub or not. hope that was any help to you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Jorhof87 said:
sorry for the slow response i was upnorth at my cottage this past week. all i can tell you is that the factory studs dont stick out at all, everything fit together absolutely perfect on my commander and i would imagine it would do so on yours as well. with the 1 inch spacer my tires stick out maybe 1 or 2mm from the wheel wells, if you installed the 1-1/4 spacers it would sit more aggresive and im not sure if it would rub or not. hope that was any help to you.
Thanks Jordan...
That's enough persuasion for me. I'll be ordering mine soon.

Thanks again!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts