Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone..

Just bought a 2007 Jeep Commander ,today ! Love it !

My son drove the Commander home from the dealers..I followed in my car. About 45 minutes into the hour drive home, I thought I saw some dark liquid spraying from under the front of the car. I watched closely for about the next 10 minutes and I saw it again about every 30 seconds or so. It looked sort of like the spray from a garden hose , it was black , sprayed for a couple seconds then nothing.
Luckily we were near a Tuffy's Auto Center and immediately pulled in there to have it checked. They put it up on lifts and came back with everything was clean and dry. I explained exactly what I saw and they looked back over it and didn't see anything and said all the fluids were fine.
I am certain I saw something black spraying out from under the car.. on the passenger side of the engine approximately in line with the right front passenger tire. It was easy to see, looked like something thin and dark hanging under the car but you could see a burst of spray , thin line then nothing for a few seconds

should I trust the experts versus what I am sure I saw ?
any ideas on what this could be ?

thanks for any replies

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
The only thing near the front passenger tire are the rear air conditioning lines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies...would this line only leak when its under pressure..engine running ?

relieved to know it wouldn't be something with the oil or transmission

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
thanks for the replies...would this line only leak when its under pressure..engine running ?

relieved to know it wouldn't be something with the oil or transmission
I too, suspect you may have been seeing the A/C condensate blowing out from under the vehicle.
The front A/C drain terminates below and to the centerline of the passenger front seat......the rear A/C condensate drains behind the rear wheel and just above and slightly outboard of the exaust pipe.
Far as color (black) I think any liquid coming out from under the vehicle would appear black, soooo.
The other thing to consider, I have followed old cars with engine blow by issues and found oil droplets on my (the following) vehicle.
If the Commander had been throwing any of its lubricants you would see the results on the front of your vehicle.
And, of course, they don't evaporate so the bottom of the Commander would be coated with whatever lubricant was being lost.
Since the shop saw nothing, my money is on the condensation theory.

No worries,
Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts