Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$130 shipped from DiscountRamps.com, measures 39"x42"x4.5". They have a 20" extension for the middle that's another $70 shipped but are out of stock right now. Comes with mounting hardware and worked quite well for me with my camping gear.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks nice, perfect for a matching spare or whatever.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I'm impressed with it for the money. It's aluminum so it's lightweight and I wouldn't put a ton of stress on it, but for regular use it works nicely. I mounted my high lift to the left side with some 3/8"x4" eye bolts, just slid them on where the rack pieces together and some wing nuts. The cross bars are actually supporting the weight of the jack.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
It is nice to have another low cost option available. Looks nice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With it being 39" wide there isn't a lot of play room on each side. Just enough for my high lift on one side and I'm mounting an axe on the other. You could probably fit a bike rack on one side if you move it all the way over but it might look funny in my opinion.

·
Registered
266 Posts
can you submit a picture from the front ,,,,,,to get an idea of the with and how it looks.. i bet with the 20 inch extension it fits perfect to roofline... thanks

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
How did you mount the tire on the basket? I noticed you put a second spare tire up there in another thread. did you use special mounting bracket ? as I'm planning to buy one like that.

Any wind noise on high speeds?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts