Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of these pics, except the first two, are from Superlift ORV park in Hot Springs, AR. This was my first trip to this park, so I had a worker show me some easy trails on the map, and somehow I misread a sign somewhere and got off on a nasty unrated exit trail. :mofo: I tried to get over the rocks because I thought I could make it since I was under the impression that I was still on the "easy" trail that had been marked off for me. The undercarriage got pretty hung up and I had to back up and turn around. I felt a little bad scraping up my baby's underside, but you have to test the limits of your vehicle every once in a while! Once I got back on the rated trails it was a blast after that!

Oh yeah, next monday I am getting my 2" BDS lift and 245/75/17 BFG AT's put on!! I will post pics after I get my lift and tires.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, and thanks to everyone on the forum for all the helpful information! I spent a ton of time researching on this forum before I decided on the BDS lift and BFG AT's. I couldn't have done it without you guys! Let me know what you think of my setup.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just to ask, do you have skid plates underneth?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
weaselox, I do not have the tow hook/skid plates package from the factory. I am looking to purchase both the tow hooks and some skid plates as soon as I can get the money. I am aware of the possible damage that could have occured with high centering the commander on rocks like this. I've given the undercarriage several looks and besides a few scratches everything seems fine.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
a few scratches...some people on this site would say it adds character.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks good Hogwild, When you get your lift start a garage thread.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Scratches and dents should be sanctioned by the North American Automotive Insurance Association ... they drasticly reduce vehicle theft! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts