Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 5.7 hemi commander Overton. I started the truck remotely and for some reason the front blower did not turn on at any speed. The rear blower motor works fine. I shut the truck down and restarted it and the blower still did not work. I disconnected the battery and then reconnected and the blower still did not work. ( I had experienced a prior problem with the NAV and SAT radio not coming on after starting, 3 times actually, and was able to fix the problem by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.) I checked all the fuses and all were OK, both under dash and under hood. I was unable to confirm the blower relay as my owner's manual only details up to slot #44 and the relays occupy slots 45 thru 51. As there were only two different types of relays I was able to swap them around but still no Blower motor. I removed the glovebox and disconnected the blower motor and wired it directly to the battery and it ran at full speed. When you switch from Auto to defrost or any heat setting the A/C button lights up as thought it was pushed. You can then turn the A/C button off and it will stay off until you dial back to Auto and then back to anything else. Also when you press the recirculation button it blinks 3 times and then goes out. I read about the damper actuator for the cold air and removed it to check for any problems. I pressed the recirculation button and the gear does not turn. The sprockets were fine and I can roll the damper sprocket freely to open and close. There is no debris in the blower housing and no broken gears. Can ANYONE PLEASE HELP me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Easy fix blower

Hi guys,

My blower 'sucked': stopped working suddenly,
It even did not work on High 'only'. Rear blower worked fine.

I followed the easy steps of uninstalling the
Blowermotor, opened al screws attached to
it and cleaned the motor. Tried and succesfully
made it turn direct on the car battery and re-
installed everything.

Works perfectly now. Good luck to y'all!

·
Registered
1 Posts
A/C working intermittently

Please forgive me if I'm posting incorrectly but I'm a virgin to this. Hoping it's something simple like a fuse though...

Anyhow, I think I may have the same problem but would like a few different opinions. Last Wednesday morning ac was fine, blowing nice & cold, then that evening I get back in the car and nothing, no ac! Changed a fuse (black box??) and it started back up, but the next morning back to no air. Next morning, works again, then that afternoon once again not working. When I go through the different distribution cycles (feet, face, etc.) I can hear a little whine that sounds similar to something slowly powering down. Also, I've no idea if they are related, but the rear ac works just fine, no issues at all. And now when I push the defrost button, I hear a click behind the dash.

Sorry, I know it's a lot but any insight is appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Troubleshooting my blower motor

So I replaced the resistor in my 06 Commander (not thinking that may not be the issue) and pulled and tested the motor (jumper wires directly to battery and it springs right to life). I have no blower motor at all when all wires are connected. Where should I look next? The fuse under the hood is good (continuity test with fluke). What should I see for voltage output from the connector to the resistor? There is a blue wire, a smaller purple wire (middle) and a black/green wire. Any troubleshooting steps would be appreciated.

I do get cold air and hot air from the temp controls (Automatic Zone Control) and when I change settings for the output, the modules under the dash change position to move the blend doors, etc. The AC light also comes on and stays on, I just have no blower. The rear blower and temp control works as expected.

Thanks!

--Chris

'06 Commander Hemi Limited

·
Registered
11 Posts
Troubleshooting my blower motor

So I replaced the resistor in my 06 Commander (not thinking that may not be the issue) and pulled and tested the motor (jumper wires directly to battery and it springs right to life). I have no blower motor at all when all wires are connected. Where should I look next? The fuse under the hood is good (continuity test with fluke). What should I see for voltage output from the connector to the resistor? There is a blue wire, a smaller purple wire (middle) and a black/green wire. Any troubleshooting steps would be appreciated.

I do get cold air and hot air from the temp controls (Automatic Zone Control) and when I change settings for the output, the modules under the dash change position to move the blend doors, etc. The AC light also comes on and stays on, I just have no blower. The rear blower and temp control works as expected.

Thanks!

--Chris

'06 Commander Hemi Limited
Old post, but did u find issue? Mine does the exact same thing.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts