Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2006 Jeep Commander. The lights on the dash knobs for the fan speed, temp and blower zones are out, along with the lights indicating the gear, next to the shifter "P R N D". My right tail light is also out. I am assuming there is a blown fuse. I have my manual, with all of the fuses charted but I can't tell, from the descriptions, which fuse this is. Can anyone tell me where the fuse for these lights is located? Is it in the box under the dash, or one of the boxes under the hood? If anyone can tell me which box, and what number fuse, it would be great. Thanks! :laugh2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Figured out which fuse, replaced it, and it blew again, later in the day. Must be a short somewhere. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This fuse was #10, in the fuse box closest to the front, under the hood. 10 amp fuse, and
I believe the label on my chart said "Right Parking Light". This is for the right tail light, knobs for the fan/temp/zones on dash, and the lights showing what gear you're in, next to the shifter.

·
Administrator
6,287 Posts
This fuse was #10, in the fuse box closest to the front, under the hood. 10 amp fuse, and
I believe the label on my chart said "Right Parking Light". This is for the right tail light, knobs for the fan/temp/zones on dash, and the lights showing what gear you're in, next to the shifter.
It's pretty obvious you have a short somewhere.

First thing I would do is check all the lights & sockets in your right tail light.

Make sure all the bulbs are working - if you have a bulb that isn't working closely inspect that particular socket for corrosion - if it is corroded, disconnect your battery and clean it as well as you can - if it is severely corroded, you may have to replace the socket.

If all the bulbs are working and the sockets look good and are in good working order, check carefully for frayed or pinched wiring in your tail light wiring harness.

All 4 tail light sockets are spliced in together on one harness that you can just unplug from the main wiring harness - if need be you can order that individual tail light socket wiring harness/assembly for about $80.00.

It should only take 10 or 15 minutes to swap it out if need be, I just did it on one of my tail lights a couple of months ago. If you have a trailer hitch you will have a couple of additional wiring splices to do for the your trailer light harness, that might tack on an additional 10 or 15 minutes to the job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts