Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I posted a while back about my speaker crackling every now and then in the front passenger door and I finally took it in today. Turns out they need to replace it as well as add insulation to the inside of the door panel. I don't know why they need insulation (but I ain't complain'!), but on the page the service manager had, it looked like a downloaded how-to fix from Jeep.

It's not like I play music that loud, but even if I did, an 07' should not be blown so soon.

Apparently this happens more often than I thought. They'll call me when the parts are in, and off I go again...

Just FYI

Also - a note I was checking out the 08 Limited on the showroom floor (not a fan of the red, but was it ever nice!) and I noticed that the headlights (inside the plastic housing), looked similar to my 03 Murano with HID Xenons...so, I opened the door, turned on the lights and was SHOCKED to see this Commander with Xenons. I asked if this was a mod and I was told no. This Commander had 4km on the clock and I'm jealous. I really miss my xenons.

Is anyone aware of this as an option? Still seems very wierd to me. It's not listed at www.jeep.com, or www.jeep.ca. I read this site at least 5 times per day (don't laugh!) and I've never heard of this.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I thought I heard last year that supposed to be an option on the Commander but your right, I never saw it listed as an option.
The 08 Grand Cherokee has it as an option so it would only make sense for the Commander to have it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok..has anyone checked the 08 vs 07 headlight buckets to see if they are bolt for bolt clones?

If so then it's possible to purchase the HID kit and bolt it in....maybe?

Undrpsi

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Undrpsi said:
Ok..has anyone checked the 08 vs 07 headlight buckets to see if they are bolt for bolt clones?

Undrpsi
That would be nice, I love the Xenons on my folks' 500 SELs.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Undrpsi said:

Undrpsi
As far as I know the HIDs aren't on the US Commander option list until next year? Wonder if Canada got them early. :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts