Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2007 Commander Overland Hemi from the auto body shop where a new Blue Lake Offroad front bumper with receiver hitch and brush guard was installed. Jeep previously had the 4XGuard Matrix components installed. I was in an accident late last year when someone ran a red light and we collided, so most of this was covered by insurance. I could not be happier with the quality of workmanship from Bryan and team and Blue Lake. Yes, it is expensive, but it is very well built and the bed liner coatings are well done, too. The only issue was that it was about 10 weeks from order to receipt, but Bryan did set that expectation from the start, so not a service related issue.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,318 Posts
Very nice! Looks like very good quality.

·
Administrator
6,434 Posts
Just picked up my 2007 Commander Overland Hemi from the auto body shop where a new Blue Lake Offroad front bumper with receiver hitch and brush guard was installed. Jeep previously had the 4XGuard Matrix components installed. I was in an accident late last year when someone ran a red light and we collided, so most of this was covered by insurance. I could not be happier with the quality of workmanship from Bryan and team and Blue Lake. Yes, it is expensive, but it is very well built and the bed liner coatings are well done, too. The only issue was that it was about 10 weeks from order to receipt, but Bryan did set that expectation from the start, so not a service related issue.
View attachment 40803
Nice looking rig @Sassafras Commander; I looked at Blue Lake Offroad a few years ago, but they had a lot of bad reviews all over the internet.

Most of which were relating to excessive turn around times, which you've already touched on.

So, I wound up going with WAM. Thanks for sharing the pics, she looks good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I was hesitant about placing the order based on the older reviews. It is a bit unnerving to pay for everything up front and then wait two months for a confirmation of shipment. I even reached out to them to discuss prior to placing the order and they replied quickly every time I asked a question or requested an update on progress. Seems like they have taken some of the prior feedback to heart in updating their communication levels with customers.

·
Administrator
6,434 Posts
Yes, I was hesitant about placing the order based on the older reviews. It is a bit unnerving to pay for everything up front and then wait two months for a confirmation of shipment. I even reached out to them to discuss prior to placing the order and they replied quickly every time I asked a question or requested an update on progress. Seems like they have taken some of the prior feedback to heart in updating their communication levels with customers.
Thats good to hear. It would be nice for XK owners to have another reliable option for custom steel bumpers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts