Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally did it and painted the Tailgate handle, Roof rails and Door handles same as the body color,, and added some chrome items.

Painting the Tailgate handle and Roof rails is a new idea which I think never been done in this forum and it looks very nice, specially the Tailgate handle. The other things are same as what the Limited model get.

Painting the following items to match the body color:
  1. Tailgate Handle (new idea !, its chrome in limited model)
  2. Side Roof Rails (new idea ! its chrome in limited model)
  3. Door handle (Same as the limited model and some sport models)
  4. Side mirrors (same as the overland)
And adding:
  1. Rear Assist Step Handles
  2. Chrome Side Moldings

I also added the Roof Cross bars and front Fog lights long time ago, so now the look is very similar to the Limited model.

Stock pic ...

After the Cross bars and Fog lights:

Painted Tailgate and Rear Assist Handles:

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Painted Roof rails ...

Painted Side mirrors, Door handles and Chrome side moldings ...

Overall pics ...

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
233 Posts
wow.. looks great ... good job..

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
looks great! Very nice job

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sweet, very nice. Wish it came factory like that...

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
That looks great, now you need to paint the area around your license plate and the part the mirrors are mounted to.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks great, now you need to paint the area around your license plate and the part the mirrors are mounted to.
The license plate mount does not look good for painting, its not flat. So I don't think it will look nice painted.

The paint on the side mirror done as in the overland model, but after getting the whole job done, I started to think that it would look better with the side mirror mount painted too !!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also I plan to get the wide version of the license plate to fill the empty area in the license plate mount.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also thought about painting the chrome part in the rear assist handles with body color to match the roof rails! .... what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
If it were mine I would do it as you have eliminated almost all the other chrome.

·
2,248 Posts
Jon,

Using that logic maybe I should just paint my entire Commander with bed liner...LOL

I also saw a picture of you getting another flat. You are going to have to stop climbing the cliffs sideways with the sidewalls of your tires.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Jon, I also saw a picture of you getting another flat. You are going to have to stop climbing the cliffs sideways with the sidewalls of your tires.
Isn't that why they have tread on the side?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
did you just sand a bunch on the liftgate handle to get that texture off or did you just paint over it?
I didn't do the paint my self, I let the body shop do it and they first sand it to make the surface smooth and then the paint it as they do with other body items. the same done for the door handles and roof rails

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks pretty nice actually....I hate you overseas guys though, cause you get the clear cornered headlights. LOL....
Haha ,, not only that .... we have the turn blinkers on the finders... rear foglights,,,, hidden antenna in the glass .. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts