Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Base Model with the "U" package and would like to have the chrome Body Side Molding on it like the limited. Does anyone know if it's available and where at. Also how hard is it to install.

Thank
David

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: Chrome Body Side Molding

Your dealer should have the chrome molding. Quite expensive. Maybe an online company might start selling them cheaper. maximo

·
Registered
45 Posts

I picked mine up yesterday. I paid 147.00 for all 4 pieces with my chrysler discount (25%). They were very easy to install.

·
Registered
131 Posts

I am interested as well although i dont know how installation would go anyone know how to install these? go to WWW.BANCROFTACCESSORIES.COM they have them there for 55 dollars each front on and the rear ones im not sure but close to that

·
Registered
688 Posts
Removing Door Trim

The lock knob on the driver's side door of my Commander rattles when I'm driving sometimes - and when I'm listening to music it rattle constantly. I must fix it.

Has anyone pulled the door panels off? Any instructions and tips would be welcome.

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Re: Removing Door Trim

The fix to the rattling door lock knob:

turning the knob in a clockwise direction, by hand, tightens it down. After doing this I could jiggle it around and it would not rattle. No disassembly required.

:)

·
Registered
208 Posts

I bought mine from ebay (Avondale Auto Parts). It came with the chrome liftgate handle. I paid $350 CAD. The side panels literally popped off with little plastic plugs (just pull). Then I cleaned off the underneath, which was dirty, and popped the new panels on. Literally took me 5 minutes to do all 4 doors. I've never been so satisfied with something that was so simple to do.

The handle was a bit different. I was going to take it to the body shop, then thought screw it. So, I pulled off the inside back panel of the tailgate, took off the handle via 2 screws, and 2 plastic plugs (like on the side panels). After that, I swapped out the handle and put the panel back on. Total of 30 minutes being a novice at this type of work.

Best money I've ever spent, except for the Jeep itself. Made my Sport Commander look like a Limited. Pearl colour with chrome mouldings....beautiful.

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts

Cool ! Got any pics of your ride ?

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Chrome side trim panels. Anyone removed??

Has anyone removed the chrome side trim panels along the doors on their limited? I would really like to go to the black, or potentially paint match.

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts
Several members have done this. Try using the search if you don't get an answer.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I just purchased the chrome ones and installed them. I have the black ones if you want them. I won't charge you for them if you want them, just for shipping. They are held on by simple clips and a tiny strip of double side tape. I would be willing to trade the back lift gate handle too if you have it.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Noone, that I'm aware of, has removed the side moulding. Some have changed it out to put the black on, or the chrome, but none have simply removed that I'm aware of.

I've been told it is taped, and bolted to the doors. So if you did want to remove it, there would be holes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
roof rail & body molding removal – have you done it?

Hi,

Has anyone removed their roof rails or body molding? I’m looking at a limited but want to black out those items. I can buy the black body molding (4 pieces – one on each door) for about 140 bucks. I was going to powder coat the chrome roof rails.

If you’ve removed either, I appreciate your comments on the task.

Thanks,

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've removed the door trim, the tailgate trim, and grab handles on the back to do the opposite of what you're looking to do. I have a sport that now looks like a limited. Very easy. The side pieces just snap in. Pull them off gently, snap by snap, and you'll have no problems! New black trim just snaps back into place.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have all my black trim (brand new) if you want to trade for the chrome roof rails when you swap them out. Send me a PM if you're interested. I'll even pay the postage.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts