1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
A wee bit expensive but that is a really cool product.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
If been looking at this:

http://www.empireclearshield.com/site/1325795/page/45029

All added together will get you in the same price range. Like a49erFan said; "A wee bit expensive".

On the other hand, what is the devaluation of your scratched up XK when you trade it in or try to sell.......

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If been looking at this:

http://www.empireclearshield.com/site/1325795/page/45029

All added together will get you in the same price range. Like a49erFan said; "A wee bit expensive".

On the other hand, what is the devaluation of your scratched up XK when you trade it in or try to sell.......
I have a product similar to this on my XH, it's just a resin film that requires a coating to be re-applied every 6months.

It is good stuff though, and I've used it on both my XH's, ML Mercedes, LR Discovery and both Porsche's.

Its called DiamondBrite over here.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I have a product similar to this on my XH, it's just a resin film that requires a coating to be re-applied every 6months.
Can you remove it lateron if you want to?

Does anyone know if there is something like a clear vinyl film available?

I've seen something like that once on a Lotus Elise to protect the paint from road debris.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
This is something i had been looking in to for a while.
a body shop told me to go to a bodyshop paint supply store. they have rolls of plastic wrap that is like cling wrap they may work to run a strip down then side just before yo hit the trail........

I posted somthing about this a longtime ago.....the cover they used when releasing the commander into the world would be nice....

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
This is something i had been looking in to for a while.
a body shop told me to go to a bodyshop paint supply store. they have rolls of plastic wrap that is like cling wrap they may work to run a strip down then side just before yo hit the trail........

I posted somthing about this a longtime ago.....the cover they used when releasing the commander into the world would be nice....

I bet Ahmed could get that made real cheap over in Saudi Arabia.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Anyone on the forum has this paint protection film applied on their XK (or other car)?

If you have, what is your opinion / experience?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have the auto butler and they detail my XK and reapply every 6 months but it does not protect it from pin stripping.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I bet Ahmed could get that made real cheap over in Saudi Arabia.
That would be a good idea :)

In here they usually make a complete mask made of leather to cover up the front section from sand on highways ... and its not expensive too ,, less than $80

like this one ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts