Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Eclipse Avn 5510 and Parrot bluetooth

Here is my Custom Sub box... yeah it stirred up some discussion awhile back, and I know its different, but it was the only material I could find for the front at the time. I tried continuing the vinyl wrap but it wouldn't work with the sub and amp openings. It honestly doesn't look too bad in person (no hate here please, for negative comments click here) but with it being behind the third row and never opening the rear, I haven't worried about updating it lately. It is a shallow mount Kicker CVT and 5 Channel Kicker amp.

This is where I mounted the iPod connector at dimming switch for the AVN. The KC highlight switch was mounted in here later:

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Where in Northern Indiana - I think I see a lake in the background!:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Nice setup you have. Looking forward to the results of the flashpaq when everything gets straightened out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Where did you get your brushguard? I've seen one on Ebay that looks similar that ive thought about ordering.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where in Northern Indiana - I think I see a lake in the background!:eek:rangehat:
Pretty close to you actually, my house and both my neighbors have ponds/lakes in our back yards but nothing too big. I live in a town right outside of Mishawaka called Granger and work in South Bend

do you have a 4.7L?

how does the superchips work with it?
Yep, a 4.7.. I saw you post in the other thread but the Flashpaq isn't functional yet, I am hoping within a week I will see the results. Do you have a 4.7 too?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments CrzCajun

Where did you get your brushguard? I've seen one on Ebay that looks similar that ive thought about ordering.
Its pretty similar to the one I've seen on eBay. The one I have is the same as this one: http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8563
I like it a lot but I plan on getting the GetLost bumper soon. As you can see in one of the pictures, the curve of one of the light guards gets pretty close to the bumper which I guess is very common among all of them, but it hasnt caused problems yet.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The Beast

Here is a list of current parts on my 2006 4.7L V8 that I will keep updated:

Modifications:
Custom building:
  • Basic Rear Tire Carrier with Hi-Lift Jack Carrier
  • Rear Guard that is integrated with my tire carrier
  • Super Sliders
  • Front bumper winch mount
Planned Upgrades:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Nice XK, Boiler. So I see they named the Boulevard after you. Nice.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
You have a nice looking XK!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't know where else to post this

If you see a great deal on a Superlift Kit for the 4WD XK, send me a PM

I am sorry, but I can't drop $2200 on a lift when I know I have seen them for killer deals from time to time. So if anyone runs across a good deal, please shoot me a PM and let me know. I know some don't come with the EGR calibration which is why they are cheaper, but still, I remember seeing some good deals

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
You have the same spare tire carrier that I do :) Nice looking Commander.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Parts are rolling in just in time for the AM General HUMVEE Test Track outing with my local Jeep Club this Saturday. - Mopar Front Tow Hooks, Diff skid plate, hi-lift jack and extras, Midland CB and magnetic antenna. I am going to just do a quick install of the CB for now, and do a full install when I have more time.

Still waiting on my Warn Receiver Shackle Bracket, Keeper Tow Strap, and Bajabuster, but they should get here tomorrow.

Gonna be a busy day tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks like Christmas at your house!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Knocked it all out in a couple hours. It was so easy putting the tow hooks and CB in (thanks to seeing Phunkey's cb install)

I threw the other grill on just to see what it looks like, kinda like it.

I taped and sprayed the d-ring screw with red caliper paint because it didn't come that way from Warn.

The majority of the time it took me to install the Cb was relocating my iPod adapter that was there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts