Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put the Commander through it's paces today at the Melbourne Jeep Owner's Club training grounds

Very impressed with how it went. It's no Wrangler but that QDII allowed it to keep pace with the JK Unlimited there and it shone above the XJs and WJ.

40mm lift going in in 14th, will get back to the training course later in the year to see the results and the change in the photos.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UberCommander said:
very nice!!! I wish they had stuff like that around here.
The club is very fortunate to have the use of about 100 acres, about 45 minutes from the Melbourne CBD! We have a complex set of trails developed over the property, with some quite steep and muddy hills in one area and very rocky slopes in another. The ramps are always a highlight of the day too.

It's always a great day, you learn lots about yourself and the car the first time you do the driver training. I hooked up today with a course just to see how the Commander handled it compared to the WG I had for three years. The XH needs a bit more ground clearance but the 4WD systems are very impressive.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I love the 1st picture with the commander canted on two wheels. I wish we had something like that (play area)out in my area.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I justed noted you had the air dam on in front. You might consider pulling that off before the next go around. I thought I saw in the book a recomendation to do that and an old thread(s) where several pulled it off when first purchased.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
SDBaja said:
I justed noted you had the air dam on in front. You might consider pulling that off before the next go around. I thought I saw in the book a recomendation to do that and an old thread(s) where several pulled it off when first purchased.
In the handbook it tells you to remove the air dam before every off road outing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The trainers made that comment too, it'll come off and stay off given the amount of mud it scooped!

·
Registered
577 Posts
That looks like a ton of fun!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts