Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Wondering if anyone knew exactly what speakers are installed with the OEM Boston Acoustic speaker system. Instead of running an extra sub.... Wondering if I can get away with upgrading the speakers in the rear doors with better low-end and higher power output.
I saw a few 6.75" and 6.5" speakers at Crutchfield that may do the trick. But I want to make sure it's an upgrade.. not a downgrade.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure exactly what they are, but I will tell you this. My sister has a GC with the BA system in it and it doesn't compare to the speaks I put in mine. If I were you, I'd just pop them out and look to see. I did that to my old GC that had the 'Infinity Gold' system in it, and was instantly compelled to install my own. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
And even though they aren't the greatest, I did find some compact powered subs on Crutchfield that should fit under the seat. Not sure how good they would be, but it would be a step up in bass from what you currently have. I'm contemplating getting one myself to try out. If I do, I'll let you know how it sounds.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yep.. I saw those compact powered subs... But I just doubt the quality of the sound coming from such a shallow throw... Maybe I can check the local shops and see if they have any of these I can demo:

JVC CS-BB2
dimensions: 11-7/16"W x 2-7/16"H x 7-7/8"D

Clarion SRV303
13-5/8"W x 2-15/16"H x 9-1/8"D1 x 9-1/8"D2

Kenwood KSC-SW1
dimensions: 15-3/4"W x 3-11/16"H x 9-1/16"D

Infinity Basslink
14-1/2"W x 13-3/8"H x 9-7/8"D (vertical mount); 14-1/2"W x 9-1/2"H x 15-3/16"D (horizontal mount)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts