Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have searched through the archive and am not finding any good leads...both of my backup lights are inop on the 2007 Commander Sport. I replaced both bulbs with 3057s, no luck. Recently had the dealership install the Mopar towing harness, not sure if that is when they problem started. Looked online to check the fuse, and the location that the online stuff showed to check didn't have a fuze nor did the diagram on the back of the cover show there should be anything there. The owner's manual was even less helpful.

On a separate note, my 3rd brake light seems to have a short. Is there a replacement that also combines a turn signal as well?

Am looking forward to the forum's help. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you ever resolve this?
My new-to-me '06 has the same issue. Bulbs good, no luck finding a bad fuse (or even *which* fuse, for that matter!). The vehicle was an RV-tow-behind so it's got the front-end plug-in harness to have the tail lights work in concert w/ the RV's. That's where my suspicion lies.

--EDIT--> Checked the tow-behind harness and that is not the source of the failure-- those wires do not splice to the reverse lights. The reverse lights wiring is in good shape, no splices or signs of oxidation.
---------
Anyone else have thoughts?

-Eric.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 2010 after the tow wiring was installed, It was my parking lights though. Found out the fuse kept blowing. Was fuse # 7 in the box under the hood.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a similarly tough to figure out lighting problem. There weren't any wiring issues, but I went under the hood, and checked every single fuse, there were 2- 10amp fuses that were blown. Replaced and no trouble since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts