Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been a while since I have posted but have been putting the miles on my slightly modded '06 Commander.

Came across another '07 Commander this time a V6 with QT1. The engine is shot and it was such a good deal. Basically scrap price.

Plans are for LS Engine Swap, more than likely a L76 (6.0) with the 6L80E transmission and tx case. All with stand alone computers.

I will gut all electronics and air bags and truley make a beast of an everglades trail rig.

Has any one else contemplated a complete drivetrain swap

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tow truck dropped off Commander today, engine and trans are trashed figured as much as it was a freshwater flood car, interior is stink free and no mold in the usual places (those with sunroofs know this location)

Body is straight and average wear wear on the interior and all of the door panels/handles are intact so thats a big bonus also.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I would love to find a deal like that, It would help in product design in so many ways.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, so lets add a twist, i have been trying to set up a engine swap, why, the commanders never had a 300hp v6, the hemi only put out 300hp in the commander, in the new grand cherokee, the new 3.6l v6 is just shy of 300hp with better mpgs,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After I get done surveying usable parts I will post them in the FS section....

Do not want to sell anything that has been damaged by water due to liability reasons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts