Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bought my 2007 Commander the Mopar MaxCare 7year/70K miles. I've been shopping around for the past 2 months, I saw that you can purchase a Mopar extended warranty for about 1K but it didn't include the free oil changes and car rental. So I bought my MaxCare warranty from my dealer for $400 more but they're including the oil changes for the next 3 years and free car rental. I couldn't believe that an oil change from the dealer on a hemi is about $120. I'm so used to changing my oil myself on my wranglers but since the Commander was my family car I wanted them to inspect everything in it everytime it's being serviced. I also have my Geico powertrain warranty on my Commander just in case. ( it's so inexpensive )
Anyways I'm planning on keeping my Commander for a very very very long time. :D

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
$120 is expensive for an oil change. I pay around $90 for synthetic at the dealer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mopar Maxcare

Can you post a link to any information about this warranty? I just bought an 07 Commander Sport, and I have about a year until my factory warranty is up. So I'm shopping around for a good extended one. Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Stromboy84 check out chryslerwarranties.com I purchased a 7 yr 85.000 mile
0 deductable warranty. I can't find the paperwork right now but it was their best coverage for about $1.500.00 Mine does not cover oil changes.

·
Super Moderator
14,915 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
PeterM said:
Stromboy84 check out chryslerwarranties.com I purchased a 7 yr 85.000 mile
0 deductable warranty. I can't find the paperwork right now but it was their best coverage for about $1.500.00 Mine does not cover oil changes.
Best deal I could find also.

I shopped around for several months at many dealers across a few states.

I did not want oil changes, but I did want a lower deductible.

You can play with the numbers online at chryslerwarranties.com to see if adding/subtracting something is cost beneficial for you.

If I remember correctly, if you purchase within x amount of days of creating an acount you save $150-$200 on your warranty also.

I have heard others mention they have a 'wallett card' similar to the insurance card is this true?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the help. I'll definitely check those sites out. Am I correct in assuming it's okay to wait until my factory warranty is almost up, before buying an extended one?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
stromboy84 said:
Am I correct in assuming it's okay to wait until my factory warranty is almost up, before buying an extended one?
In most cases this is correct. There are third party companies that will even sell you a policy a year or two after your manufacture warantee has expired.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thank you for giving this information. I emailed them already. I also purchased the extended warranty 7yr/85000 miles with 0 deductible. It is nice to know that i can purchase the lifetime powertrain warranty. I am planning to keep my XK also for a very long time! God willing!

·
Registered
181 Posts
You can also get the MaxCare package as a Lifetime Warranty as well, to match the existing Lifetime Powertrain warranty. Basically, most of the vehicle is covered for as long as you own it. We bought this for both of our Chrysler Corp vehicles.

$120 for an oil change? I've yet to get an oil change for the Jeep, but the 300c (with Hemi) is $17 at the dealership.

·
Registered
391 Posts
What will happen to our lifetime warranty if Chrysler corp. will go broke? I am planning of buying the lifetime warranty but I was just thinking, who will provide the service when the company is gone? I hope they won't go broke, I live in Michigan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts