Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very happy with my new purchase of a 06' 4.7L with 16k on it. I look forward to off roading here in my new home of Colorado.

Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks great! Have you played in the snow with it yet?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi, and welcome!

You certainly found this site quickly.

Your Jeep looks great. I like the color you selected.

--Spike

·
Registered
512 Posts
Congratulations on your new Commander, it will serve you well. Can't wait for the snow to fall here in PA, then I get to go out and play!-43:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. great pic in the snow.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Congratulations on your new Jeep and welcome to the forums. There is a wealth of help and information on here, and some friendly faces too, although I've never seen any of them...

[thinks] Maybe I should start a 'the face behind the name' thread... :)

·
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Andy!

Welcome to the forum. This place is great for information and tips on your new ride!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Any planned future mods?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
future mods

First I would like to get a roof rack, skid plates, and a minor lift. Where did everyone start with their first mods? I saw a recent thread about issues with the spacers from the RR 2.25 lift, does anyone suggest another inexpenseive 2.25 lift kit?

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
My first mod was a 2" Terraflex lift and larger AT tires. After that I waited awhile then picked up a winch bumper and winch... next up is rock rails.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
My first mod was the Rusty's 2" lift. My next mod after that were Moto Metal 0950 rims with 255/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
My first mod was the Rocky Road lift and the Mega Warrior Rack, Then I added skid plates.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mods

I saw online that the lift kits are around $300 with shocks included does this price also included the spacers or are those a seperate cost? I will be having to pay for labor as well since I do not have the tools to do the lift myself so I guess I am looking at another $300 for labor.

I have noticed that most people on here have the RR 2.25 lift but I did see a recent thread about the rear bushing failures of the RR spacers. How are the terraflex and Rusty lifts different if any and why do most people go with the RR? Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
You get the spacer with the lift kit, I still recommend the Rocky Road but suggest as other have that the spacer go on top of the spring. They have replaced all faulty units so we know they will take care of us if ours fail later. I recommend getting the shocks or the Blistins like others have done as well.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
They're all about the same. I've had my Rusty's lift on for 1 1/2 years and no problems. I've also gotten great customer service from Rusty's. If you're talking about the lift spacers, yes they are included. If you're talking about wheel spacers, no they're not included.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome... and Congrats on your purchase!!! Be sure to treat her good, remember she likes shiny things, and don't forget to ride 'er hard ever now and then!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
1st mod was removing dealership sticker. 2nd nerfbars / side steps. 3rd jeepcommander.com sticker and 4th shorty antenna.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts