Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a huge fan of military-box like SUVs. I pretty much dislike anyone that is abnormally circular :icon_mad:. Of course the Wranlger will always be the epitome of a real SUV but people often say it shouldn't be used as your "day to day car", and I'm sure there are many of us who absolutely love the rugged style even if we're not going off-road. I'm speaking about the GC having this longevity and not being very...well "jeepy". IMHO, there should have been something like the XK around loooong ago to fill this void. Do you think they'll find a way to keep the "boxy" style we crave even if they discontinue the XK? That's what Jeep's about right?

·
Registered
166 Posts
From the posts in this forum the Commander can do just about everything from on the road to off the road. You can take a lot of people or cargo the choice is up to the individual. I think the boxy look is nice and comes in handy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like the "boxy," angular look too. I also like EMD SD70ACE locomotives - just can't fit one in my driveway and they're not street legal.

Guess I'll have to "settle" for the XK. :)

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I'm a huge fan of military-box like SUVs. I pretty much dislike anyone that is abnormally circular :icon_mad:. Of course the Wranlger will always be the epitome of a real SUV but people often say it shouldn't be used as your "day to day car", and I'm sure there are many of us who absolutely love the rugged style even if we're not going off-road. I'm speaking about the GC having this longevity and not being very...well "jeepy". IMHO, there should have been something like the XK around loooong ago to fill this void. Do you think they'll find a way to keep the "boxy" style we crave even if they discontinue the XK? That's what Jeep's about right?
I never really considered the Wrangler to be an SUV. In my mind, an SUV has always been enclosed in the back, not like the removable top Wrangler.

But either way, if Jeep does abandon the blocky styling, I'm sure there will always be other options for you. Land Rover seems to be sticking with the same blocky design theme.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts