Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to fix all the little annoyances.........

When I release the brakes, after coming to a stop, and start rolling there is a noise from the back brakes as though the calipers aren't releasing all the way. It goes away once I gain more speed. Its not a squeaking noise, but more like a rubbing/whining noise (if that makes sense ) I figure its either the calipers or I need new rotors. (but I could be wrong) If it is the caliper how can I make it release all the way. Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have the same problem. Just take it apart and lub up everything. While doing that check to see if the pads and rotors are good. If needed replace them. Also look for any signs of rubbing when you take it apart.

You dont need to know the year make and model of a vehicle and locating where driven to fix that.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Year-- age has much to do with corrosion
Miles-- trying to identify what would normally be showing wear at that point.
History-- original brakes- incorrectly replaced brakes- incorrect material.
Where operated-- corrosion would likely not be a concern if operation was in desert, but of high concern if in northern climate.

These are the questions that are necessary to give usable answers.
The biggest reason vehicles are incorrectly repaired is due to lack of information/communication.

Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for the help.......

btw its a 2006, with 40,000 miles, nevada car, I bought it used so I don't know full history of maintenance.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Well, although binding caliper slides are a possibility, you are at the point, by miles, of needing rear pads.
They may however have been recently replaced.
If you find relatively new pads, you may find the vibration damper clips [spring steel] have been installed backwards. Real e-z to do. You will see the clips getting polished by the rotor.
Best of luck, I hope that helps a bit.
Thanks for additional info.

..........Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts