Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 2006 commander Hemi. last night I noticed when I apply brakes, the tail lights do not come on! The clearance lights and turn signals do work. the flashers also work. the stop light bulb illuminates but doesn't light up when I apply brakes (both sides including upper third light). I checked the fuses with a test light and I had my 4-ways on as well. herd the relay clicking off on 4-ways and all fuses good!

any suggestions??? P.S could there be a fuse under the dash?? coz that's the only place I didn't check.:eyemouth:

·
Registered
180 Posts
You might check your brake light switch. There should be a box mounted by or on the brake pedal lever that controls the brake lights. It is possible that it has a bad connection, or is failing to actuate or has gone out of adjustment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check it visually but will definitely check in detail tonight. Thanks a lot!!
any idea if its gone bad... replacement is easy or have to bust a knuckle??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okey! Back to square one again. I changed the brake pedal switch still the same. Although, my third brake light works. I had the hood open and i heard the relay clicking off when i applied the brakes. Changed the relay around to find out if its bad or not but still clicking away. Could it be the bulbs gone bad?(coincidently both fused tohether) also rechecked the fuses still good!!!

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I had a friend that had both headlights out, he changed the high beam switch which took quite a while - found out both headlights were burned out. So Yes check the bulbs, it's easy and cheap. If you have a 12V tester or meter it will cost nothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts