Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed some moderate shaking of the Commander when driving downhill while braking at speeds above 50-55 mph, and I'm pretty sure it's the brake pads and/or rotors that are shot (I'm pretty sure they're still the originals from the factory, since I'm still under 30k on the odometer). I've started doing some research on a "performance" replacement kit, but wanted some input from the XK community about what everyone is using and what brands to avoid, etc.

Thanks-in-advance!

·
Administrator
15,503 Posts
So I've noticed some moderate shaking of the Commander when driving downhill while braking at speeds above 50-55 mph, and I'm pretty sure it's the brake pads and/or rotors that are shot (I'm pretty sure they're still the originals from the factory, since I'm still under 30k on the odometer). I've started doing some research on a "performance" replacement kit, but wanted some input from the XK community about what everyone is using and what brands to avoid, etc.

Thanks-in-advance!
@JeepersXKreepers Powerstop is a good brand.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
I'm looking at the options on CarID and there are multiple kits: Z23, Z26, Z36. Any recommendations on which to go with?

Also, having never changed out the brakes myself before, any special tools I should get as well?

THANKS!

·
Administrator
15,503 Posts
Thanks!
I'm looking at the options on CarID and there are multiple kits: Z23, Z26, Z36. Any recommendations on which to go with?

Also, having never changed out the brakes myself before, any special tools I should get as well?

THANKS!
@JeepersXKreepers If you go to the Powerstop website it will ask you questions to help you pick the correct kit for your XK.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: jeep5253

·
Administrator
15,503 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7