Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, but I like this garage idea...

And a picture of the Jeep when I was out in SD, WY, and MT (I wish I had some of those roads here in Wisconsin):

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Welcome, Nice to see a dirty Jeep every now and then.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
welcome to the forum. looking foward to seeing your garage later down the road.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Nice pics. What do you have up on the lift?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I'd love to have a lift like that in my garage, but I think I would get sick of all of the mud falling from one vehicle onto the other....lol

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome.

On the lift is an 85 VW Cabriolet in the start of a restoration - would like to have it done for my oldest kid's 16th birthday (she just turned 4...), tucked behind the cars you see are two others. A 77 Porsche 930 roller that will eventually be turned into a clone of the 1984 954 SC-RS - this is the Porsche that won the 1985 Paris-Dakar Rally; and an 80 Porsche 911SC.

Here's the back of the garage:

And another of the work horse:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Wow, that's a pretty big garage you've got there with some nice toys.

·
2,248 Posts
I am sure that your 4 year old will grow up to be responsible. However it has been my experience that almost every 16 year old will either damage or total their first car. It might be prudent to keep it for a later birthday for her. Maybe this is not as typical for girls, but I know all us guys usually have to get the speeding and reckless driving out of our system. I would start her off with a safe and slow car. Actually if I had a little girl I would probably get her a tank.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your concerns re: the daughter's first car. She actually has been very respectful about cars already. She knows not to touch other people's cars without asking first, etc. The plan on the resto is to actually have her do a lot of the work and "earn" the car. I think this will give her a sense of ownership and respect for the car. As for driving skills, I am already working on that with her in a push-car as well.

As for the big garage and nice toys, let's just say I have a very understanding wife...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got around to getting a pic with the Rocky Road lift, Spidertrax spacers and 31" tires. I thought it just looked right in the snow like that...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yes .... nice garage!

I ALWAYS wanted a garage to work in ... we finally got one (albiet tiny) in this house .. but I turned it into a Store Front for our Locksmith Shop just after we moved in.

I JUST finished putting new shocks on our 1989 Tracker yesterday, lieing on a piece of old plywood, on top of 6" of snow, in the rain, outside :(

Feel free to have the maximum amount of sympathy for me :)

My oldest daughter is 21 And has no interest in driving so far! ... we live downtown so she can walk to everything.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great setup! Do you have any more pics?
Funny you should ask. I just minutes ago took some pics of the Jeep on the snow bank next to the driveway. Unfortunately the snow gave way a little, I was hoping for more lean.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These are from last summer. I finally got the software to get pictures off my phone.

This first one is after getting high centered in some DEEP ruts.

I had to pull this guy out. My Jeep didn't even struggle!
This mud hole is at the bottom of a 15 foot hill that is angled about 40 degrees!

Then I went in the same hole and ended up sucking some water in the intake. I let it sit for about 15 minutes and it started right up, dropped it into low and pulled right out. That's my Brother-in-law wondering how he is going to get out of the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts