Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Bridgestone Dueler REVOs and I loved them. Now, they are worn to wear bars and I'm figuring out that I've had them less than 50k miles (which they are warranted for). Has anyone had any experience with tire-wear warranties? Do I need to prove tire rotation, or will they take my word for it? Are there "catches" that I'm going to need to fight?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not sure what mileage you are at, but typically they prorate the tires according to the mileage you have put on them. So if you have 40,000 on a 50,000 mile tire you will only get 20% back ect. Many battery companies do the exact same thing except with years instead of mileage

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'll take 20% back over 0%.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I think Korney is correct, just go to the store where you purchased your tires and they most likely will credit the unused milage toward you new tires.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it would be nice to do that - however, the store is both out of business and about 1500 miles away. I'll take them the Bridgestone/Firestone store on post and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I went into the Firestone store and they will uphold the warranty (at the prorated amount which comes to about 70%). That's better than a kick in the pants, but they didn't have the REVOs, only REVO2s which were pricier. My next check in will be with the local Discount Tire because they also carry the REVO2s but at a better price than the Firestone on post. If I can get the prorated warranty discount on the REVO2s at the Discount Tire, I will probably get them - if I can't, I'll probably pick up the Hankook RF10s at Discount Tire. All around Discount Tire does seem to have the best prices.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discount Tires will take good care of you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts