Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 LTD with stock fog lights, was wondering if the bulbs can be replaced with brighter ones? I only use them like high beams and not on all the time like some do. I know there are some killer LEDs around also and wondering if anyone tried them.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
there is a thread where someone filed down a high beam bulb to fit.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just be careful when going brighter with the fogs. As soon as I put brighter bulbs in mine they started to fog up and collect moisture in them. Never did it before that and there are no cracks in the lens either. Although I also use mine all the time when it is dark out so that may make a difference.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Marauder, was it a humid day when you put the bulbs in? May have gotten moisture then? Get a couple of those "do not eat" moisture absorbing packets that are in packing of electronics, and stick in the light. Might get too hot for them though, maybe leave in a couple days without turning on then remove. Might tie a fishing line to it so you can get out easily:)

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sivlerstar ultra bulbs are plenty bright. It isnt the brightness of the bulb as much as it is where they are aimed. Adjustment screw is at the top, re aim them.

·
Registered
696 Posts
JeepBohica, I checked out the link. It says they are HID and then it says 55W H3 bulbs. They look to me like a fog light kit you could buy at wal-mart. I would buy something from Hella, PIAA, or Lightforce.

·
Registered
23 Posts
lights

yea, depends on budget too. If i had to mount some lights, it would be Piaa, Definately...

·
Banned
277 Posts
I have had SilverStar Ultra 9005's in my fog lights for almost 2 years without any issues at all. They are really really bright, and actually no filing is needed - just wiggle them a little and they'll go in.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks Marauder, was it a humid day when you put the bulbs in? May have gotten moisture then? Get a couple of those "do not eat" moisture absorbing packets that are in packing of electronics, and stick in the light. Might get too hot for them though, maybe leave in a couple days without turning on then remove. Might tie a fishing line to it so you can get out easily:)
I don't think it was humid out that day. I'm not a fan of heat so I'm sure I would have camped out in my A/C if it was too muggy out. Now that it is cooler I'm going to clean them out and replace them with the stock bulbs for now. The ones I have in now have a blue hue to them that I'm not sure I like. I like the SilerStars, I put them in my wife's Jimmy and they are much better than the stock junk at seeing further and more to the peripheral for deer.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have silverstars in everything, I also aimed my fogs higher before lift and now everything is higher and farther reaching with the lift. Huge difference

·
Registered
953 Posts
I put in yellow 100W 9145's in the fogs recently.

So far, so good...

:5:

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool - Looks like the way to go:clap:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts