Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has happened to a few of you on here, so I thought I would share what I did to fix mine. I broke one of my fog light bulbs and was in the process of replacing it. I carefully pryed open the "door" inside the wheel well with a screwdriver, but somehow still managed to break the door right off. I didn't like the thought of leaving the door off and having everything exposed to dirt, snow, sand and everything else I face up here in Maine, so I tried to come up with a solution. I went to Home Depot, bought a couple of small silver hinges that you would use on a cabinet door and proceeded home. I put a couple coats of black paint and an enamel on the hinges and screw heads, so they would blend in with the wheel well liner. I am very pleased with the end result and may actually cut the door off on the passenger side and do the same. Here are a couple of pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ended up breaking both of mine off in the process of removing the bumper. I drove off and forgot to close them. I still have one of the doors, but I lost the other one somewhere on the road probably. Is there any downside to not having them on there? Are there components that are exposed now that shouldn't be? What if I just put duct tape over the openings and left it like that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts